Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Kendall's buck.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default Kendall's buck.

Kendall got his first buck with a bow.

In the past, he didn't have a whole lot of time to deer hunt. This year, he's been getting up early and hunting before work. He's been really determined even though the hunting on public land around here can really be discouraging.

He finally got a shot at a buck yesterday evening. He wasn't too sure about the hit so he waited until this morning for the recovery.

It's no monster but we really couldn't be any happier.

Congrats sweetie!!

....and yes, the freezers are full! [8D]
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kendall's buck.

I don't think I've ever seen Kenall look that excited. Congragulations. Now it's my turn!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOO-HOO!!!!

Awesome job dude! I knew you'd find it. Me and the Man upstairs were talking about it just yesterday morning. I knew He'd come through for ya.

Now that the edge's off, you can take your time and get that big ole wallhanger you've been dreaming about.

Great job Kendall. Congratulations!

(Dina says I'm more excited about your deer than I was about the last one I shot).
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

had one like that chase a doe by me last night. Didn't stop. Good job on yours and congrats. Lets hear the story.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:43 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

ATTA BOY!!! Way to go, Kendall!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congradulations there big guy. On public land too. See looks like all that Whinning you were doing must have paid off.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

good job Kendall way to stick it out. Congrats on the public land buck
Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for all the kind words. I know he's not a trophy to most of you, but he means a whole lot to me. This was the third buck I've seenthis year. (He was with another one)

Well fish, the story's full of kendallisms. This was my first trip to this site. One of my co-workers has hunted it and took a spike opening day. (Christine checked the stats on this place and only 5 deer were taken there in '07)
I busted through a bunch of brush to get to a spot I saw on the aerial map. It was great but didn't afford a place to hang the stand I carried in. So I continued looking to the west near the corner of a bean field and found a nice stand of trees and decided to set up there. Once I got up in my stand I could see the hiking trail. Duh! it doesn't show on the aerial view.
Set there for about three hours and decided to try rattling when the wind died down for a minute. No response. I thought about getting down and walking out while I still had light, but decided to stick it out 'til deer thirty. Sure enough, as the light was fading here came a real, real nice buck down the hiking trail. In typical big buck fashion he got to a point and faded off to the side letting my buck walk by. Right down the hiking trail at 19 yards.I knew I didn't have time to wait for a shot at the big boy so when this guy got to my pre-selected lane, the arrow was away.
Lighted arrow nocks are the best!

The big boy is still there. And I have a Muzzy waitingjust for him. (or a doe, or a squirrel, or a turkey, or a...well you get the point.) It goes "That'a way" Thanks Jason. I try to always keep that helpful hint in mind. He he

Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the kind words. I know he's not a trophy to most of you, but he means a whole lot to me. This was the third buck I've seenthis year. (He was with another one)

Well fish, the story's full of kendallisms. This was my first trip to this site. One of my co-workers has hunted it and took a spike opening day. (Christine checked the stats on this place and only 5 deer were taken there in '07)
I busted through a bunch of brush to get to a spot I saw on the aerial map. It was great but didn't afford a place to hang the stand I carried in. So I continued looking to the west near the corner of a bean field and found a nice stand of trees and decided to set up there. Once I got up in my stand I could see the hiking trail. Duh! it doesn't show on the aerial view.
Set there for about three hours and decided to try rattling when the wind died down for a minute. No response. I thought about getting down and walking out while I still had light, but decided to stick it out 'til deer thirty. Sure enough, as the light was fading here came a real, real nice buck down the hiking trail. In typical big buck fashion he got to a point and faded off to the side letting my buck walk by. Right down the hiking trail at 19 yards.I knew I didn't have time to wait for a shot at the big boy so when this guy got to my pre-selected lane, the arrow was away.
Lighted arrow nocks are the best!

The big boy is still there. And I have a Muzzy waitingjust for him. (or a doe, or a squirrel, or a turkey, or a...well you get the point.) It goes "That'a way" Thanks Jason. I try to always keep that helpful hint in mind. He he
Old 11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Good job! The first is always the toughest. Now it's time to "rack-em-up".

Quick Reply: Kendall's buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.