Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

great article!

Old 09-20-2008, 09:03 PM

Default great article!

Great article in the latest Riverfront times! With a catchey title!www.riverfrontime.com/2008-09-17/news/an-arrow-runs-through-it-bowfishers-take-aim-at-aisian-carp/
Old 09-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: great article!

Gary, I couldn't get to it through the link you have. Let me try this one.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2008-09-17/news/an-arrow-runs-through-it-bowfishers-take-aim-at-asian-carp/
Old 09-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

A great article.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

There was some good and some bad in the article. He got the relationship with Robert Rice and me bassackwards - Robert was the one who got the group together, not me, but I am the one working with the others in development of the zoo food. And he made bowfishing sound a lot easier than it is, which I guess might be his only experience he has to go on - Watching Robin Parks shootbighead carpis probably not much like watching me try to shoot fish. And he got the bit about the bluegreen algae a bit sideways too. Really high densities of filter-feeding carps tend to control the bluegreens, but moderate densities can exacerbate the problem. And I did not like his description of eating the fish (like any other river fish, my arse - makes it sound like all river fish are the same taste and all are lousy eating, andneither of those things is true. A blue cat is not a channel is not a flathead is not a drum is not a bowfin, is not a crappie, in flavor or any other way.) But there was a lot of good in there too - perhaps it will inspire some people to pick up a bow.