http://www.siloutdoors.com/imagehosting/43348bb55b7ce06a.jpg http://www.siloutdoors.com/imagehosting/43348bb55b7a5fe3.jpg We went to the 3-D shoot at Blue Ridge Backwoods today. Christine and I didn't bring a..." />

Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

IL Bowfishers...

Old 08-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default IL Bowfishers...

not bowfishing?

We went to the 3-D shoot at Blue Ridge Backwoods today. Christine and I didn't bring a camera so these are from Ken "Champion of the World" Sharp. Congrats Ken.
I guess he didn't get a picture of Christine winning the womens division and winning one of those sweet Octane quivers. Congrats Christine!
Christine smoked the guys (Ken, Rich and me).

Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: IL Bowfishers...

Careful Kendall don't tilt that compund!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like alot of fun, except for the loosing-to-Christine-part.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

The best part is, I didn't really lose to Christine. She shot from the womens stakes. Sooooooo in My way of thinking I won! Let's just say it was a good day to shoot a bowtech. I kinda wish I'd taken my recurve and shot the trad division. (I would've been guaranteed no less than 1st place...)

woops, I was logged in as Christine.

BTW thanks to Deb and the crew at Blue Ridge Backwoods for putting on a great shoot with lots of prizes.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

This is really me posting now.

I would have still smoked them from their stakes.Even with my bow only getting 204 fps. So there.. neener, neener. (I mean I beat you guys by at least 30 points )

Ken did win the Champion of the World shot with his leg hit on the 74 yard elk target. My shot didn't even reach the elk. [&o]

It was a good time, thanks to Blue Ridge Backwoods, Deb and Scott for putting the shoot together!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Ken did win the Champion of the World shot with his leg hit on the 74 yard elk target. My shot didn't even reach the elk. [&o]
To my defense...when I ranged the elk I only came up with 71 yards so it wasn't that tuff of a shot!

Oh yea...another thing....I would have loved to see you pokin at 40 yard with the "boys"......But then again you did only bring so many arrows didn't ya......

I do have to say that Christine did hold her own under pressure during the shoot-off though....She was shooting against the only other female in the tourney..BUT...they had to do the shoot-off in front of every one...prolly bout 75 peeps.....Good Job Christine!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The funny thing about that elk is that I know I could have hit it with my recurve much more easily.

We had a novelty shoot over at Cloverdale the last time I was over there. A Moose at "unkown" yardage. Hit the orange dot in the center of the ten ring for and win $5. (3 shots for $1) My first shot was in the ten ring, but not in the dot. []

Oh btw i stepped off the distance on the way back from pulling my arras. (at cloverdale) I got 68 yards.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

Oh btw i stepped off the distance on the way back from pulling my arras. (at cloverdale) I got 68 yards.
Wow...I don't think I could hit anything much more than 30 with traditional....Good Job!