HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Illinois Bowfishers Club (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club-77/)
-   -   IL Bowfishers... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/illinois-bowfishers-club/260718-il-bowfishers.html)

carpsniper 08-31-2008 08:55 PM

IL Bowfishers...

not bowfishing?

We went to the 3-D shoot at Blue Ridge Backwoods today. Christine and I didn't bring a camera so these are from Ken "Champion of the World" Sharp. Congrats Ken.
I guess he didn't get a picture of Christine winning the womens division and winning one of those sweet Octane quivers. Congrats Christine!
Christine smoked the guys (Ken, Rich and me).

David Hughes 09-01-2008 08:23 AM

RE: IL Bowfishers...

Careful Kendall don't tilt that compund!

bowman15 09-01-2008 08:50 AM

Sounds like alot of fun, except for the loosing-to-Christine-part.:eek:

HNI_Christine 09-01-2008 11:19 AM

The best part is, I didn't really lose to Christine. She shot from the womens stakes. Sooooooo in My way of thinking I won! Let's just say it was a good day to shoot a bowtech. I kinda wish I'd taken my recurve and shot the trad division. (I would've been guaranteed no less than 1st place...;))

woops, I was logged in as Christine.

BTW thanks to Deb and the crew at Blue Ridge Backwoods for putting on a great shoot with lots of prizes.

HNI_Christine 09-01-2008 03:47 PM

This is really me posting now.

I would have still smoked them from their stakes.Even with my bow only getting 204 fps. So there.. neener, neener. (I mean I beat you guys by at least 30 points ;))

Ken did win the Champion of the World shot with his leg hit on the 74 yard elk target. My shot didn't even reach the elk. [&o]

It was a good time, thanks to Blue Ridge Backwoods, Deb and Scott for putting the shoot together!

deer_predator 09-02-2008 04:18 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Ken did win the Champion of the World shot with his leg hit on the 74 yard elk target. My shot didn't even reach the elk. [&o]

To my defense...when I ranged the elk I only came up with 71 yards so it wasn't that tuff of a shot! :D

Oh yea...another thing....I would have loved to see you pokin at 40 yard with the "boys"......But then again you did only bring so many arrows didn't ya......:eek:

I do have to say that Christine did hold her own under pressure during the shoot-off though....She was shooting against the only other female in the tourney..BUT...they had to do the shoot-off in front of every one...prolly bout 75 peeps.....Good Job Christine!

carpsniper 09-02-2008 08:34 AM

The funny thing about that elk is that I know I could have hit it with my recurve much more easily.

We had a novelty shoot over at Cloverdale the last time I was over there. A Moose at "unkown" yardage. Hit the orange dot in the center of the ten ring for and win $5. (3 shots for $1) My first shot was in the ten ring, but not in the dot. [:o]

Oh btw i stepped off the distance on the way back from pulling my arras. (at cloverdale) I got 68 yards.

deer_predator 09-03-2008 04:03 AM

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

Oh btw i stepped off the distance on the way back from pulling my arras. (at cloverdale) I got 68 yards.
Wow...I don't think I could hit anything much more than 30 with traditional....Good Job!