Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 carp cleaning video (not the best) >

carp cleaning video (not the best)

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

carp cleaning video (not the best)

Old 07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default carp cleaning video (not the best)

http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/pso/video/how_to_fillet_an_asian_carp

That was an impromptu, unplanned, demo, with a poor setup (kneeling on the boat ramp the day before the Peoria event, using someone elses not-so-sharp filet knife, and no cutting board other than an INHS fish measuring board turned upside down on an angle). It's still not terrible, but there should be lots better video around. Basically, the video does get across that there is attractive meat on a silver carp, and you can produce boneless meat if you know or figure out how. The INHS and the Illinois Bowfishers both videotaped the processes for bone-free filets and for "flying carp wings" at the Bolingbrook Bass Pro event this last spring. That was planned and I was on a role and not making it up as I went along. And I could stand and work at a normal working height. I'm not sure who filmed this. The other camera was a Chicago news station, and I have seen that video.

I have not seen the videofootage fromBolingbrook yet. Bulzeye seems to have dropped off the map. Hope he is OK.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: carp cleaning video (not the best)

I'm sorry Duane that you didn't get the video promised to you.I didn't film any of it because I thought it was going to be done more professionally than I would have. But I would have done it at least.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

There was nothing wrong with that video. You were under the gun with all those people standing around. Didn't appear to be edited either. Good Job!

Will that technique work with buffalo?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: David Hughes

There was nothing wrong with that video. You were under the gun with all those people standing around. Didn't appear to be edited either. Good Job!

Will that technique work with buffalo?
Wish the video had contained the bit on the lower half of the fish. It is cut off right after I say "all that is from the top half of the fish". Sounds like there isn't any good meat on the lower half. That part is actually easier to do (but you have to stay away from that nasty belly meat). The technique doesn't work as well for buffs because the intramuscular bones of buffalo are more like feathers than "Y"s. You can get some boneless meat off, but you leave more.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bowman15

I'm sorry Duane that you didn't get the video promised to you.I didn't film any of it because I thought it was going to be done more professionally than I would have. But I would have done it at least.
Well, Bulzeye and the Illinois Bowfishers don't owe me anything, that's for sure. I had a fun night bowfishing with you all and it was great to have you at the demo too. And Kendall and Christine bought my supper and saved mybutt when I was about to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Although I would like to see the video that was produced from that camera on the tripod, I'm not PO'd about it. I'm concerned about Bulz though. I liked the guy and hope he's OK.

INHS should have some video too, that they took the night before, although I think I didn't have my spiel down very good then. They can edit it to dump the times I got my tongue tied.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 PM

The videoChris shot andpromised to senddid actually get sent. Unfortunately, it was returned due to a bad address. Either he will send it again, or I will send outa copy. Duane, if there is a better way to get it to you, let me know andI will make it happen ASAP.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

i think you did a great job good video
Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Campergirl

The videoChris shot andpromised to senddid actually get sent. Unfortunately, it was returned due to a bad address. Either he will send it again, or I will send outa copy. Duane, if there is a better way to get it to you, let me know andI will make it happen ASAP.
Thanks - correct address in PM!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campergirl

The videoChris shot andpromised to senddid actually get sent. Unfortunately, it was returned due to a bad address.
Thanks For coming there and shooting that video for us Teresa. I can't wait to see it!

Oncepeople (Americans)find out how good these fish taste there won't be near as many of them.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

That is a very easy method to get a lot of top-quality meat. Did a bunch like that just today.

Quick Reply: carp cleaning video (not the best)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.