Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Flourex lights

Old 07-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Flourex lights

Looking to buy some lights for my boat, want them bright but also I want some that dont draw a ton of power from my generator, less power the smaller and quieter of a geny I can use, not to mention save on Gas. I found these and was wondering if anyone has used them before??
If so do they work good???? Thanks..

Old 07-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Flourex lights

Little more info..

Old 07-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

They look good. $35, 65W same output as a 500W halogen. Hmmmm I' m gonna hafta try some.

Lights of America 65 Watt (500 Watt equiv.) Flood Light Bronze Outdoor 9266

FluoreX Fluorescent Flood Light.

This Heavy Duty flood light uses FLUOREX Electronic Technology that produces more, higher-quality light per Watt. It will provide powerful, white illumination where directed. The integrated photocell will prevent operation during daylight hours (this feature can be manually overidden). The housing will not rust and is weatherproof. The lamp uses only 65 watts but is rated to deliver 8905 Brightness Lumens (or 4550 Photopic Lumens for those interested grow light potential) with an expected lifetime of 10,000 hours. This is the same as 500 Watts without the cost! It lights up to 2,580 square feet and is energy star compliant. Easy to install, can be mounted on an eave, wall mounted, landscape or functions as a security light. The Flourex light is the closest thing to natural sun light!
Some customers have used this light as a grow light. They have used these bulbs in their Greenhouse. Due to the lights low heat, the light may be placed close to the plants without fear of burning the plants. The cost of electricity is also very low. Aquarium users also report remarkable coral growth with these fluorex lights. They also are using these for grow lights.Photometric test procedures. Grow lights. Floodlight, floodlights,

Features:

Superior visibility for security and outdoor activity
Electronic cold-start ballast
Instant start. No flicker, no delay, no hum.
Operates in sub-zero temperatures.
10,000 hour bulb included
Dusk to Dawn - turns lights on at dusk and off at dawn
Rustproof and Weatherproof Housing
More efficient than Mercury Vapor and High Pressure Sodium
Easy to install
Color- off-white powdered coat finish or Bronze
Energy Star compliant- $ave money!

Save up to 87% Energy Costs:

Typical examples: (assuming 12 hour nightly usage, and a typical utility rate of 16 cents per kilowatts hour)
Save $39 Annually - By replacing a 100 Watt Mercury vapor Flood Light with an equivalent 65 Watt Fluorex Flood Light (46% Savings) (mercury vapor magnetic consumes 120W)

Save $305 Annually- By replacing a 500 Watt Halogen Flood Light with an equivalent 65 Watt Fluorex Flood Light (87% Savings)

All the necessary hardware and instruction manual are included. Comes fully assembled.

Dimensions: 9.3" wide x 6.6" high x 4.5" deep
Color Temperature: 6500 degrees Kelvin
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
Manufacturer Model #: 9265 (White) or 9266 (Bronze)
Bulb replacement: FluoreX 9166B
Approvals: UL, CSA
There is a manufacturer's limited warranty.

Estimated S/H Charges
United States (48 states, Alaska & Hawaii) - $8.78 to $11.50
Puerto Rico, APO and FPO - $12.95
Canada (Insurance included, 2-3 Days) - $20.05
Most Other Countries (Insured, 2-3 Days) - $38.95
Insurance (optional) - $2.20

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

[/align]

For Phone Orders please call 1-480-393-0446
For Fax Orders please dial 1-206-202-0307
Our Fax/Mail Order Form can be found by
clicking here...

[/align]FLUOREX FLOOD LIGHT

by Lights of America
Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Might not matter for you guys, and this light may be different, but I have had problems with flourescent lights when it gets real cold. Takes forEVER for them to get bright in cold weather, and then they never get as bright as they do when it is warm. But that might not matter if you never need them in sub-freezing temperatures.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

It says they have the instant start ballast. They usually can start even in cold weather.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Also says operates in sub zero temps, I hope I just ordered 12 of them, so it should only take 780 watts to run all 12 and produce 6000 watts of light or 106,860 lumens of light....I can run a 1000 watt coleman, quiet and uses very litte gas..
Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good deal.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Darin, I had a fluorescent light that drew 65 watts. It was supposed to have the same lumens as a 300 watt bulb. Mine was a very white light that made carp look like ghosts.

I bought just one to try it. (it was $40.00) I liked it and went to buy more and the store (Costco) was all sold out. Haven't seen them since.

I can say that I left the bulb in while I trailered the boat and the bulb broke inside the housing during a road trip. Maybe a fluke or maybe they're a little on the fragile side.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I can say that I left the bulb in while I trailered the boat and the bulb broke inside the housing during a road trip. Maybe a fluke or maybe they're a little on the fragile side.
Tell me about it, I have already broken two HPS bulbs while trailered on the road....[:@]

I am unscrewing them from now on for a trip of any distance....like in the morning.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Where did you run across these Darin? I used to have one I used in my garage, and they are pretty bright!!!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Flourex lights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.