Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Evergreen 17th, 18th

Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Evergreen 17th, 18th

I will be camping out at Evergreen on the 17th and 18th with the family. I would be up to some friendly competitionif anyone would be interested. Just give me a holler or find Mikey at the visitors center he will find me......

C-Ya there!

Ken

PS. Kendall and Christine....Brian will be out on Friday night with his "New" bow rig.......We should be ready for a rematch if y'all are up for it.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Evergreen 17th, 18th

Gotta luv it. One time out bowfishing and now he bought a bowfishing rig. heh heh

We'll try to get out there. K works until 11pm. Whuppin' your butt is always a good time.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, thanks to some big ole muskies in the ole fishin hole, the carp were pretty scarce. However, Brian and I were able to boat 9 quill backs and 1 common in 3 hours. Brian had to go early due to a busy day today driving up to chicago.

It was wild. we only saw 2 commons and one ended up in the boat.The rest were nutin but quillies.

Oh well they were "more funner" to shoot

How did y'all fair Christine?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

We had a tough time finding anything other than bass, catfish and muskies. (boy has that lake filled up with nothing but trash fish.. ha ha )

I've never seen so many other fishermen out there either. We went all the way over to the old swim beach to try and find an open spot. There just weren't many carp or quillbacks up. (and the ones we saw we couldn't hit) Only got four to the boat. Well, four andparts. [] (pull offs)

Anyhow, we headed back over to the muskie flat and when we got there it we discovered that the troller prop didn't come with us. That little shaft where the prop attaches spun for all it's worth but doesn't push the boat around to well by itself. Called it a night then.

Just another typical '08 night of bowfishin'. [8D]

Old 07-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine
Just another typical '08 night of bowfishin'. [8D]
Sigh! Ain't that the truth. Couldn't find many... When we did find 'em, couldn't hit 'em. [:@]

So we just waited 'til we broke something and went home. [:-]
Old 07-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next time you guys want to meet down there for some 'friendly' competition, Mark and I will meet ya.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about the problems y'all had.....We had a blast just waiting out the quillies...... We found if you just sit and float at the right spots they will come to you!

Too bad bout your prop.....Did you start carrying a spare yet?....As stupid as it sounds, I carry an extra shear pin on board but not a prop......I guess I am optimistic!

Any way I will tell Brian the good news about y'alls downfall of the night...LOL........

Steve, I may go back out there next weekend...My wife and kids are heading to Houston, TX for a week so I will be batchin it!....I am sure I can steal my buddy Brian for a partner.

C-YA