Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 28th '08 >

Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 28th '08

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 28th '08

Old 06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 28th '08

Roger sent me this today.

"2008 Wonder Lake Sportsman's Club Carp Shoot"

BowFishers!!! Join Us For Our Carp Shoot

Saturday June 28th from 6am Until 12:00pm.

Fish Disposal is Provided.

Registration: Begins at 4:30am the day of the shoot and will run until 8:00am.

Location: South Beach of Wonder Lake, IL: 2/3 Mile South of Center Beach on East Lakeshore Dr. Beach is Located between Pheasant Rd and Beach Rd which is easiest to access by turning onto them from East Wonder Lake Road. There is plenty of parking and the launch is much easier to use in comparison to the one at Center Beach. We will have Navigation signs posted at the Corners of the Main Intersections to assist you!

MapQuest.com for Directions - Intersection of Beach Road & E. Lakeshore Dr, Wonder Lake, IL 60097

We will run 4 Competition Brackets for this event!

Kids 15 & Under * Registration is Free

Individual Bracket * Registration Fee is $20

2 Man Teams * Registration Fee is $40 per Team

3 Man Teams * Registration Fee is $60 per Team

* Boats are Required for Non-Wonder Lake Residents as there is no Shore Access available * Guest Pass for Lake provided at time of Registration

* Compete for a Cash Prize (for first place only) for the MOST Fish Brought In. Kids 15 & under will compete for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Places for the MOST fish Brought In.

* Optional Buy-in Competition for Big Fish, $5 Entry Fee for Individual Bracket, $10 Entry Fee for 2 Man Teams and $15 Entry Fee for 3 Man Teams. Cash Prize for 1st Place Only.

Hot Dogs, Corn, Soda & Water will be available throughout the event. We'll continue to cook afterwards so we all can enjoy good food and good company. Come on out and experience a great time with us!!!!!

The Awards Ceremony for All Four Brackets will Begin at 12:30 at the South Beach Pavilion.

Throughout the Derby there will be available for Purchase Raffle Tickets for Door Prizes and a 50/50. The Raffles will be held after the Awards Ceremony. All proceeds from this event go towards the conservation of Wonder Lake.

If Additional Information is Needed, Call Roger @815-236-7912
Old 06-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 28th '08

I will definitely be at that shoot again. It was a blast last year. But one problem, when i pull up mapquest and type in the information, it tells me that it did not find an exact match. Can someone please help me.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Suckersticker,
The Mapquest thing will work perfectly if you put this in the Address field...

east lake shore drive and beach road

Notes:
-The label for Beach Road does not appear until you zoom in to level 13.
-Beach Road is different than Beach Drive
-If you switch your view to 'Aerial Image' using the tab in the upperright and then zoom to level 14, you will be able to see the boat launch, a white T-shaped dock, the registration pavillion, some tennis courts, and 2 sand volleyball pits.

If anybody wants to try spearing carp instead of using their bow, bring yourspear or at least check out the ones a few of the local guys use. They wade into some grassy shallows where the bottom isn't so muckyand do quite well. Their speared fish have counted toward theirscore in the past. Call Roger if you want to find out for certain.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Ah, Just Great. I won't be here. Another stinkin wedding.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always wanted to come up and shoot this. Especially against my sister chez-head. She says it is a blast. But a awful long ways to go to only shoot for about 5 hours. I use to live up that way back in the 70's. Would be kind of a reunion of sorts. We'll see.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just talked to Roger up at Wonder Lake.

The lake level is way UP, so more boats will be able to get to the very shallow areas where the most fish usually hang out. Canoes and very small Jons have had the advantage in these areas in the past.He reports that some locals have been pulling out bigger fish than usual, in the 15 pound range. Should be nice.

He also confirmed that spearing is allowed, but said that anyone wading should beextremely carefulsince the bottom is so dangerous.Check with the locals for the safest places to wade.
The official shove off timefor the shoot is 6am, but getting there early will allow for some much needed BSing time and equipment checks.

Last year, there was talk of a dredging project being planned for the lake, but Roger said it won't start until after this shoot is overso it won't affect the water or bottom contours this time around. If they have a Fall shoot, I'll check back then.

Hope to see a fair number of members up there, like usual.

Chris
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are we doin' the one on one competition again?

That was fun!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is that like a side bet thing where we all compete against each other individualy for braggin rights?

Old 06-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

Are we doin' the one on one competition again?

That was fun!
Of course it was...for you. You won!

Yes Chris, one-on-one is against each other individually.

Have fun everybody. I'll be at a graduation-party in Indiana that day.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

If anyone wants to borrow a canoe, let me know soon.

Quick Reply: Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 28th '08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.