Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Fun Shoot this weekend (now with pictures) >

Fun Shoot this weekend (now with pictures)

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Fun Shoot this weekend (now with pictures)

Old 05-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fun Shoot this weekend (now with pictures)

Just was wondering who all are planning on making it this weekend to clinton. I shot it last friday, it was windy and cloudy. Then again on Saturday night in the rain and wind. There are carp everywhere. During the day they are starting to spawn. It will be a greater challenge to shoot the largest fish than the smallest. On Saturday night Snuffy boat and mine shot some pretty small carp. Like under a pound. Extra arrows are a must also. You will hit some rocks and logs. I kept knocking off knocks. So I now have them JB Welded on.
See ya there. also snuffy will be in penn. chasing turkeys. So largest fish is up for grabs.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fun Shoot this weekend

The Triton of Terror will be in northernmost WI, hopefully terrorizing a lot of Walleye and Northern Pike. Lots of night fishing butwithout lights.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

which launch are you guys planning on using? i don't have an outboard yet but i may have one on saturday. is it going to be a day shoot or night?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Bill, we're meeting at the Weldon Ramp, but you can drive to any ramp or shoot from shore.

Weldon is off of rt 48.

We're going to meet at 10am and then go out until 5pm. Rest and eat and then go out again.So it's a day and night shoot.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:40 PM

I think Deb & I arecoming down for the shoot. We're thinking about staying the entire day (including doing the night shoot) and pitchingour tent and spending the night Sat. Does anyone know what the fee is for camping? Do we need a state park sticker? Since our boat isn't really set up for carp hunting are there going to be enough boats to go around if we don't bring ours?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x271/dumpa_2007/HPIM08621.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x271/dumpa_2007/HPIM0913.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x271/dumpa_2007/HPIM0909.jpg

Do you think my boat will make it. i am putting and outboard on it. how do u think it will do on clinton. it is a 14 foot v-bottom.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would be great to see you Diana Chzhead.
Now lets hope I can make it.
Gotta fix my outboard and have no time before then
If I make it, I'd be bringing my 5yr old daughter, so I'll need reliable equipment.
No compromises for me, not with her aboard on a lake with a dam.

Bill, I would think wind will be your deciding factor.
You should be able to stick a bunch near a launch even with it, but that would be my concern. Bring a backup batt if U have one, take your cell phone, and know where you are so you can direct one of us to you if you need a tow.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

You guys with troller only should go up to North Fork. It's a no wake area and you can't get to the dam from there. (you'd get shot first because you'd have to make it past the power plant guards)

We have an outboard... but no prop for the troller. What a bunch of misfits we are.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe if we tie all the boats together we could be mostly operational.
Imagine the fish hauling capacity
Old 05-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I decided not to try Clinton with just a troller. I'm looking for a decent outboard now, so hopefully I can make some of the shoots later on in the year with my boat.

Chris, I'm suprised you haven't fixed your motor yet. It seems an easy fix. Getting the tilt to work would probably take you all of 10 minutes, and the return-spring on your pull-start should just be a matter of taking it apart and resetting it where it should be, unless there's something else wrong with it.A hint of advice; when you're starting your motor, don't just yank on the cord; pull it out gently at first till it engages, THEN pull it hard. If you just start yanking on it, the cogs or gear-teethengage when it's spinning, possibly causing the teeth to slip and break.

Quick Reply: Fun Shoot this weekend (now with pictures)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.