Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

finaly got a airboat!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default finaly got a airboat!!!

well daily i have been searching the classifieds for a airboat. finaly found one i was interested in wednesday morn. called the guy and didnt get him. we played phone tag until thursday morning. the boat was just what i was wanting. after some bickering on price and a few more calls i was on a improptou road trip to martinsville arkansas. got down there at 7pm last night. the boat was all he said it was and more. it is a 18x8 redriver boat with 30 in sides up front and 34 in back. the bottom is 80 in!!! it has 3/8 polmer on the bottom and sides. it has front steering and a light rail, 3 up top seating, walkarounds around the side of the boat, fancage and radiator. no motor, reduction, or prop. It will be awhile before i can get it going but i now have a great platform to build off of!!I am gona try to send out some pics so maybee somebody can post them up for me!!
Old 03-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: finaly got a airboat!!!

You can send the pictures to me. [email protected]

Since it's not actually running yet.. I can stilltease of you for being boatless, right?

Congrats! Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Slim, but asI see gasoline has gone to $3.39/gal this morning, I can't help but thinkthat craft isgoing to get it's best mpg in its present state. Can't wait to see it up and running and I hear the fish on the flats are already heading for deeper water.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Wowzer

Your middle name Herc,LMAO I hope that is all aluminum and even at that, it's got to be real heavy. Ist time seeing one,I always thought they were a smaller boat. I have to agree with Robow on the gas prices after you get to the other side of the lake you'll probably be looking for a marina HUH! . Congrats on a great looking boat, don't mind the jabbering, I'm jealous [8D]
Rocky
PS and to thing gas up here is at $4.32 a gallon
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM

sweeeeeeeet. I want one.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

You are going to get a big block for it, aren't you? A boat that nice deserves one... cha ching
Old 03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

sometimes it is worth the extra money nice boat slim cant wait to shoot off of it.It looks good hooked up to your truck.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Boy o' boy, it's going to be so much more gratifying beating you while you're in that boat!

...............That guy didn't have another one did he?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I agree

Quick Reply: finaly got a airboat!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.