Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

This Friday

Old 12-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default This Friday

Anybody want to go hit Clinton Lake on Friday night?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 AM

Default RE: This Friday

you are making me jealous, we are iceing up pretty good here, hoping to warm up a little by this weekend.

if i was near ya, i would go!

brian
Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

It supposed to be in the upper 40's hereon Friday.

So the bows shouldn't freeze up and Clinton Lake is a power plant lake so the ramps haven't froze up yet. Only downside... it might rain.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

LMAO

Old 12-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: This Friday Clinton Lake

Went deer hunting during the day. Was in the upper 30's and very foggy. Didn't see anything while in the stand 'cept a dozen squirrels and lot's o' birds. Deer sign was pretty sparse. Deer have all gone down into the Morlock tunnels.[/align][/align]So by night time it was in the low 40's. I swapped out the deer hunting stuff in the truck for bowfishin' stuff.
(I didn't load the genny, that sucker is heavy. :eek )
[/align][/align]Anyhoo, Kendall got off work at 11pm. We hit the road sometime after midnight. Super foggy conditions made driving slow. (yes, I drove slowly.. [:-]) Didn't get to the lake 'til somewhere around 2 am. :rolleyes [/align][/align]Clinton Lake was covered with thick fog (let's hear it for GPSs!). Really kind of neat conditions. We shot for a little over two hours and then called it a night. (Kendall had to go to work today)[/align][/align]That is my report for the day. Have a nice weekend. :grin [/align][/align]
Deer hunting area.
[/align][/align]
Fog in the lights. 2250 watts of light barely light up the marker bouy.
[/align][/align] [/align]53 carp pickup[/align]
[/align][/align][/align]Back to the cold weather now. [&o][/align][/align]
Old 12-22-2007, 06:49 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Good grief that's a mess of carp! Dang good shooting.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:09 PM

Hi, my name is Jon. I am a total newby to bow fishing. I started Archery hunting for the first time this year. I've taken a four point, a ten point, two coyotes and a bunny[8D] this fall. I'm just having a blast.

I saw an article about bowfishing on archery talk and somehow ended up here.
I live near Rantoul and am looking for someone who might be willing to show me the ropes. I would be happy to drive to Clinton lake if you would have me.
Of course, I have no equipment, but am willing to get what I need.

[email protected]

Old 12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

53 carp at this time of year is pretty darn good!

Congrats!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The picture of the "No wake" bouy does not do justice to the fog. We were almost on top of that bouy when Christine took that picture. I thought I could just watch the lights from the ramp to navigate across the lake and get out of the wind. We lost sight of the light so fast that soon I was going in circles in the middle of the lake. I wonder where we would have gone if Christine hadn't brought the GPS.

"looking for someone who might be willing to show me the ropes. " You're in luck Jon, that's what we do here. It may be a few weeks before we get out there again though.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Nice going. I just cannot get over how many fish are up this time of the year. 53 Fish in a little over 2 hours is awsome. Yep, it sure is easy to get turned around in the fog. I experienced that with Chez-head last year at shelbyville. Still chasing deer here. KBI-Prez, snuffy and I got out yesterday for a bit. I saw 8 in the morning 4 small punk bucks and 4 does, Bill saw over 20. Not sure how many he may have saw twice. Only had a button buck come under him. They are off limits around here. He also saw a coyote. Snuffy had 8 come by and one even bedded down by him that was in range,but he passed. This was all in the morning. Only snuffy hunted in the evening. saw a ton of squirrels.I had work to do so did not get out. Sure glad i'm not up in a tree this morning. It is 25 out and blowing like a gale. My get out in the morning.

Quick Reply: This Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.