Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Trailblazers event

Old 09-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Trailblazers event

This year's Trailblazer event in IL will be on Oct. 6th at the Max Mcgraw Wildlife Foundation in Dundee, IL.

Kendall and I will be up there again this year. I know Steve and Chris E.are making plans to be there too. We could still use a couple more volunteers if anybody is available. I know it's deer season, but it's a lot of fun teaching the boy scouts about fishing and archery.

We're planning on hitting the new Cabela's afterwards.

http://www.trailblazeradventure.org/About%20Program.htm
Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trailblazers event

I've wanted to help with this one for a while.
I should be able to make it this year.

I loved my time in the Boy Scouts, and even did some time as an adult leader way back when. It's a great program, and I'd be happy to help out the scouts.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking forward to it. I use to teach a beginner's archery-class to scouts a few years back. That was fun. I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cabela's sounds good too.
With all this OT I've been doing, it may be time to cash in on some new gear.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I swung past GAT guns this afternoon to do some window shopping.
It's right across from McGraw's and I even followed a McGraw's wildlife research truck for a bit on rt 25.

See you guys at breakfast.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, what a day! I don't know what the last count on the scouts was but there were more than last year. First off, it wouldn't have been possible without Mike Steffa and the McLean County Sportsmens Club. (more on that later)
Also ahuge thanks to Dave, Joanne and Bulzeyefor coming up to help out. Joanne did the hard part. She kept the scouts who weren't shootingin line while the others got to shoot.
After we got our gear loaded up the crew headed to GAT guns for some shopping and wishing.
From there we went to the new Cabelas store. We were stopped several times and asked about bowfishing by customers and employees alike. If you are planning a trip to check out the new Cabelas, plan on all day and wear walkin' shoes.
Now back to the McLean Co Sportsmen, Geoff called Christine Friday afternoon and told her the bows and arrows that are normally used at Trailblazers, didn't arrive. [:@]He said "I'll understand if you don't want to come up." Christine imediately called Mikey and asked ifthe MCS bows were available on short notice. They were and mikey picked them up so that we could pick them up on our way north. Kudos to MCS, Mikey and Christine. You saved the day for well over 100 scouts.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sure was a nice program for the Boy Scouts. They really seemed to enjoy it, but then again, when was the last time YOU got enough of shooting bows and guns? Yeah, me neither.

The kids ate it up.
I just don't understand how Kendall, Christine, and Dave kept functioning on so little sleep and a long drive. My hat's off to you, and the MCSC who helped save the day.

It was good to see Geoff again, and I hope to be able to get there earlier next year to help out more. Had to work the morning. Boss said so. [:@]
Hopefully it won't be during deer season next time.

I ended up buying stuff at GAT's and Cabela's. Ah, new toys are always good. Even had a venison bratwurst from the cafe they have in there. YUM. Makes me wanna go kill one. (a deer, not a bratwurst)
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Many thanks to Illinois Bowfishers members and the McLean Co Sportsmen's Club for saving the archery range this year with some fast thinking and action. Without the archery equipment that was supposed to be delivered by UPS the range would have had to be closed. The Scouts really like the archery station and would have been disapointed if it was not part of the program. Thanks to Pete at GAT Guns who put together 2 dozen arros again this year at the last minute. Pics to follow by email.

Thanks again,
Geoff
Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geoff, Do you have a count on how many scouts were there?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geoff Makes this event run smooth. He makes it look easy but I know he is a very busy guy
before and during the event.

Lou G., Dave R. and Christine show scouts proper technique.

As you can see, scouts come in all sizes.

This was as many as we could get together at once.

Quick Reply: Trailblazers event

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.