Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Sunset Lake

Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunset Lake

Did you see anything? Or even have a shot?

Please dooooo tell!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM

wow . what are the odds of finding someone from the twin cities on here. i thought sunset lake was for residents of the lake only. at least it was when i was a kid. i use to live in carlock for a while.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 PM

not to get off topic, i looked at the link you have for outdoorexperience. very nice web site. even better prices. do you know if they have a store. i haven't seen it around town. i'm tired of driving to presley's and pekin bass and bow. thank you very much for any info you may have.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer_predator

Did you see anything? Or even have a shot?

Please dooooo tell!
I didn't stay out long. threw out some dog food and waited. The cove was well protected from the wind but there was enough to move the df out toward the lake. I was just about ready to hang it up when the catfish started to hit. I hung around to see if any carp would come up with them. Then I decided to throw some more food along the shore to possibly bring them closer. Just asI let go of a handful, I saw a grassie swiming by fairly deep. I waited for a while more and I saw it farther out, again swiming fairly deep. I tried a shot but it was just too far and too deep.
frd, the chances are pretty good on here.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frdbrbw

not to get off topic, i looked at the link you have for outdoorexperience. very nice web site. even better prices. do you know if they have a store. i haven't seen it around town. i'm tired of driving to presley's and pekin bass and bow. thank you very much for any info you may have.
Yea, it's a little off topic. Outdoorsexperience is an internet only store. The nice thing is though, once you place your order it only takes about 2 days to get the goods. Brian is one heck of a guy to deal with too.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frdbrbw

wow . what are the odds of finding someone from the twin cities on here. i thought sunset lake was for residents of the lake only. at least it was when i was a kid. i use to live in carlock for a while.
You are correct, Sunset Lake is for residents only. The good thing is that the Homeowners Association contacted the Illinois Bowfishers and asked if we could help take care of their carp problems. Of course as nice as this club is we couldn't turn them down .
Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishngame

Dear Mr. Deer Predator:

I have Wednesday off. I'd be glad to go over to try and whack a few! I also have access to a jon boat over there.

Mikey
Hey Mike,

I will give you a call and we can shoot over there tomorrow! (well I actually gave you a call and I just wanted everyone else to know that I answer the replies )
Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

I'm looking forward to it! I'll be there around 12:30 p.m. I'm also going to bring some corn and doughball to see if I can get something to come in close to the shoreline. IT'S MY SECRET WEAPON! Ain't that right Kendall and Christine? I'm good with secret weapons!

I'll bring a cooler of bottled water. Sounds like it's going to be a little steamy.

Mikey
Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

I plan on being there. I'll bring my 41 lb secret weapon*. I might have to fall out of it from time to time, as hot as it will be.

*NO it's not my oneida. [8D]
Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishngame

I'm looking forward to it! I'll be there around 12:30 p.m. I'm also going to bring some corn and doughball to see if I can get something to come in close to the shoreline. IT'S MY SECRET WEAPON! Ain't that right Kendall and Christine? I'm good with secret weapons!

I'll bring a cooler of bottled water. Sounds like it's going to be a little steamy.

Mikey
SoundsgoodMike......I'll bring the sunscreen!

Quick Reply: Sunset Lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.