Old 06-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rhino 5

im using a south bend proton now

my synergy was shot to $#$@ anti reverse broke gears worn button stoped pushing
Old 06-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

That seems to be the most common problem with the Synergys. Mine crapped out on me at the Evergreen-shoot. First, the anti-reverse stopped working, then, at the shoot, the button wouldn't push. I have a new one I switched to, but I think it'll be my last. I only bought it cause I found them for $15.00. I'm waiting to hear how those Muzzy-reels hold up. Otherwise, I'm going back to my Retriever.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I have a shakespeare synergy been using for two years and haven't had a problem with it yet (nocks on head). But like all things, depends on who and how and often we use it. My brother has been using the new proton since the state tourny and hasn't had any problems with it either.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, in defense of the Synergy, and to be totally honest, when I first transitioned from the Retriever to the spincast-setup, I would sometimes forget to push the release, or I'd bump the handle and engage the pins, and shoot. I know that didn't help things much. But I'll see how long this new one lasts under more 'friendly' usage.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Just a quick note, my Rhino never made it to the Bighead test, it got toasted last night by a few carp. The search fora perfect bowfishing reel remains the Holy Grail.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really do like the drag feature, anti reverse, and speed of the spincasts.
I sure hope somebody can make one durable enough for us clods.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:27 AM

i have the same one i have had all year

my buddy that got me addicted to bowfishing has the same reel that he has had for 3 years so those zebcos seem to be like a old harley you always have to be working on them lol
Old 06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

even muzzys wasnt good enough [&:]
Old 06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was able to sneek away this afternoon for a few hours. Got to the lake just as a quick rain squall hit. Went and had lunch and waited it out. Another trouble free day with the rino5. Tough day on me. I boated a nice 6# on second shot, 4th shot a nice 9# 7oz dude. Then had 4 pull off in a row. They would run up into the cattails and I just could not get them out. I even had one in the boat with arrow in one hand my thumb in his mouth, one good flop and in the drink she went. She was a dandy too. Fish were up pretty good, water was cloudy and I kept shooting over them. When will we ever learn. They are just right there and then I get to watch the arrow go sailing right over them.
Well that is it for now. We need this weekend to get there so we have some new stuff to rite about...
Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well there is the latest scoop on my Rino 5 reel. It worked fawless until I abused it. It looks like when you miss a fish(yes that does happen) and the arrow sticks in the glue like mud. You cannot just use the reel to pull the arrow out. The pick up pins just will not take that kind of pressure. So after doing that all day Saturday, one finally broke in the evening. And the reel just will not work with only one pin. So if I had used my brain and a line puller I might still have a working reel. I do not know what it is with me and reels. I was able to get my Zebco 888 to get me through the night. Although by morning it was really sticking and I had to yank on the line to make sure it had released.

Quick Reply: Rhino 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.