Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Carlyle road trip?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Carlyle road trip?

Christine,
Well it looks like we are down to only one boat coming down to carlyle on Saturday. I'm going to put in at the south ramp below the suspension bridge. I'm afraid that there will just be too many boats up on top. If I had you cell # we could stay in touch. Talked to rob last night and he said that they use to shoot lots of gar, and buffalo below the rapids before the big heads. So will try and see. We will be leaving Snuffy's at 5:30am put us down there around 8am. My cell is 217- 474-7611 if you want to call. Will be giving that new rino5 a work out. I know I have a retriver reel, but it is just not enough for big heads. I don't like piling the line on the floor of the boat, for my son-in-law to trip over and believe me he would. lol.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:22 AM

Hope I can meet up with you guys. Johnny are you going to put in and shoot between the dam and the little wing dam that they built or or you putting in downstream alittle more and shooting below the wing dam. I see your cell phone I will right it down and give ya a call if I make it that way. I pmed mine to christine.

another thought too is that carlyle lake is having a big funfest on saturday from 11-4 will be lots of army corps and conservation and lots of people on hand so might think about going downstream some. but should be some cool stuff there they are having a sandcastle building team there check out website http://www.mvs.usace.army.mil/carlyle/whatsnew/whatsnew_splash.htm

Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 AM

ill be there saturday so call me 618 920 1990 just call heading up there today so call and ill tell you how we did i fished the lake 3 week ago and got into some real nice gar like 7 to 10 pounders real nice in my book

mike
Old 06-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

We should get there around 8am. As of now I am planning on putting in on the South ramp. I have not been there, but according to my Gezetter there is one. Plan on fishing up under rt50 and up to the rapids. Will give that a try and see, may then move up towards the dam if there is any room. Plan on shooting until 3-4 so can get home at a decent hour. johnny b.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not too anchious, It is 3:15pm on Friday, and I am already loaded and ready to go.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

[:@]Well if the expression dont tell the story i will have to work....bummer you folks leave me some bigheads ok....lol Hope you have a great shoot and ill be looking forward to seeing everyone at turtle creek....
Old 06-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

We're going to go down there tonight and hang around til sometime tomorrow.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I could go.
I'm doing exciting stuff around the house Saturday, but I might get out for an hour or two on Sunday if the weather holds.