Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Add to the 2006 IB Fish Count Here! >

Add to the 2006 IB Fish Count Here!

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Add to the 2006 IB Fish Count Here!

Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Add to the 2006 IB Fish Count Here!

Wow you folks have been slappin the crap out of em...but id like to say the bigheads numbers arnt big enough we need more bigheads........
Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took another donated trip winner out last night. Add 15 commons please.

Oh and Billy, I totally agree about the bighead numbers.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Spike

Madeline went fishing at Sangchris this morning and I tagged four commons while checking out a few new coves. I missed a few more and saw a bunch. This lake is loaded with 'em.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

ok Kendall and Rick got ya rung up rick sounds like your on to em just aim lower.... Congrats on the fish last night Kendall your the guide im lookin for......but lets do bigheads......
Old 07-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Snuffy and I went to Georgetown lake this afternoon, Weather was very windy and water cloudy, Did manage 12 common, snuffy 6 and me 6 plus we each had two pull off's. Ended up a lot better that we thought when we first started. We even towed 5 tube'er up the river so they could float back down They did not help out in two of the best coves. See a lot of Puff's. better than mowing the grass.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Like you said John better than mowing grass which i did today....[:@]
Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

better than mowing the grass
I WISH I was mowing the grass. I've been painting my front porch and installing some ceiling fans. I'm bushed. Time to catch some sleep and dream of nailing a 4 foot gar in mid-roll.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from Lake Mermit down near Metropolis Illinois and got to shot my 1st long nose gar... that lake is just packed full of them... I was just bowfishing from the bank and small docks... what a blast
I shot 3 long nose gar
I had one huge one I shot literly bite my line in half and swim off with my arrow in him... only to have him swim back to shore so I went in the water after him I grabbed the arrow UNTIL.... He swung around towards my hands and I saw those teeth... so being I already lost part of one finger this year I opted to let go and get away from those teeth and that blasted fish left me standing there in the water as I once again watched him swim away with my arrow.... So a trip to Gander Mountain in Paducah was needed and I bought another bowfishing arrow... but then I shot this one with the new arrow..... WHAT A BLAST

Old 07-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome! I'm putting that photo in our photo gallery. www.illinoisbowfishers.com/clickgallery/public.asp

Yeah, some of those southern lakes are practically choked full of gar. You'll make a lot of the fisheries guys happy by removing some of them. They don't get much fishing pressure otherwise.

(and just for the record, that's abig spotted gar, longnose have really, really long skinny noses)

You gotta luv the attitude of a gar!

How'd you do at the tourny?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Deb nice gar congrats hope the tourney went well.....

Quick Reply: Add to the 2006 IB Fish Count Here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.