Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

INDIANA TOURNAMENT

Old 03-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: **FINAL** INDIANA TOURNAMENT

looking into insurance for the tourney also, didn't think about it when planning, i forgot how the world has changed. special thanks to DAVE for looking out for us. if anyone else can think of anything to help, feel free to contact us. this is our first tourney and we are open for suggestions.

also looking for an 18 x 60 flatbottom hull for a project boat shape/age doesn't matter.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 03-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay gang,
Yep like KPB-PREZ said I drove down to turtle creek on Friday to check it out. Nice lake, 1,600 plus acres two miles long with lots of necks and structure. Taked to the ranger on site, and he said that they love people who shoot carp. Very nice double boat ramp and plenty of parking. It is easy to find, and if you get bored the White river is just down the road. In fact while reading the Indiana record book, i noticed that the state record Bighead was shot in the white river and weighed 68# and that was in 2000. Going to be a busy season trying to keep every one happy by shooting their fish. I am blessed to have a camper 16 miles from all the action.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay, I forgot in my last post. They are serious about the 10 hp limit. You cannot use you larger motor even with no wake. The prop must be out of the water at all times. Will be a good work out for those troling motors.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Hey John those pics of turtle creek look like it is gonna be a great place for a tourney cant wait to shoot it......
Old 03-30-2006, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

talked with the DNR and the 1 day lic are for a calendar day only so that means you out of staters will have to purchase a 7 day iic.for the shoot the price is 20.00 !SORRRRRRRRRRYYYYY! also talked with the campground guy that is only 500yds from the entrance and he said my tourney people could camp for 5.00 a day.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I have been wondering can you use a 24 hp fan on a 10 hp lake? will have no wake? max speed is like 8mph.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

no, it has to be 10hp or less, sorry man, i have been wondering when you were going to ask me
Old 03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Oh, that breaks my heart that Slim isn't going to be able to use that killing machine, err I mean fan boat at the tourney. Slim, I would have a tough time matching you fish for fish if you only had oars, but you with a fan, well thenit gets pretty ugly for me quickly. So break out that troller. Oh and btw, I already bought mynon-resident annual license for IN, so no big deal.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going just to out shoot Rob and his Triton of Terror crew. I know better than to try and beat either Slim or the Indy boys.

Alex, let me know if you have problems securing insurance for the event.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

that SUCKS!! guess i just made it on the 25 hp lakes though I dont know why you guys are scared of me. you have only shot against me on my home lake. I would hate to go against anybody on there home lake. That is why i have got to spend some serious time on shelbyville. also as any of you who shot on rend last year know i sent everybody to places that i KNEW had fish and tried a new place for my self. I had never been there but it turned out OK. I have a new ace in the hole for this year.

Quick Reply: INDIANA TOURNAMENT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.