Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

After the Deer Classic

Old 02-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default After the Deer Classic

I hate to even start 'cause I'm gonna forget something so this will be added to I'm sure.

We had a huge amount of interest. Our booth was busy almost non-stop. That is mostly due to Keith's picture of their monster Gator Gar. I would watch people walking by on the far side of the aisle see that picture and point. They had to come and get a closer look. BTW they were walking on the other side because there were people standing at the table. (sometimes two or three deep)

The T-shirts with the new logo came in, so if you have ordered one contact Christine. The shirts look great! Thanks Slim23
We also learned Slim took up the wrong profession. His sales ability is second to none.

This is way more than I wanted to type but ther is sooo much more to tell. I was a pleasure to spend the weekend with Keith and Joseph. I hope to get the chance again. Next time we'll be shootin' fish
Old 02-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: After the Deer Classic

Oh yeah, The new Banner got its first fly at the classic too. It looks great. Thanks Rob.

Also a big thank you goes out to Joanne for feeding us Saturday night. Delicious even w/o the pickles! (right Christine?)

I know there is more I'm forgetting. My appologies to anyone I've missed. There were so many people helping it is hard for me to remember them all.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

the amount of response we got was unbelivable!! we went through hundreds of brochures. we ran out of the ams brochures on sat about 1/2 way through the show. not sure how many we had but not enough. we could have sold a ton of equipment. a lot of people from the area have seen the asian carp on the illinois river and a local guy on tv shooting them and intrest was great in this area especialy. keiths video AIM LOW was a great crowd stopper. sales were good with high intrest in the next video vol.2. I was especialy glad to finaly meet some fellow bowfishers from the southern part of the state. there are more rigged up boats around than i thought and intrest should keep growing with more learing about this great sport!! I can t thank kendal and christine enough for there hospitality. I hated to crash early on them but swithching to a day shift schedule realy messes me up!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

I would like to thank all of you, Kendall, Christine, Dave, Joann, Slim, and Keith who took time out of your busy schedule to workin the booth all weekend.My three Danville buddies and I were there on Sunday and the crowdsthatthe Illinois Bowfishers' boothdrew were really eye opening. I would never have dreamed that there would be that much interest in bowfishing, but believe me when Isay these guys are not exagerating, theinterest was incredible. And yes, next year it will be done again and wewill be better prepared withmore product to sell and more information to hand out. Again the response was something that had to be seen. Thanks again guys.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrads to all of you guys. I took a brosure and started reading it and think i might give it a shot sometime looks like lots of fun!!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

bwhunter501,

Sorry, you didn't get a HNI hat or shirt. I would have given you one if I knew you were from the forums.

We look forward to seeing you at one or more of our shoots. If you come out to the 'fun shoot' at Evergreen Lake on June 3rd, we'll try to get you out on the water!

If you have any questions at all, just post them on this forum or email us!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Here are some pictures.

These are pics of Keith, Slim, Dave and myself working the booth. It was really hard to get pictures because of all the people watching the Aimnlow video and asking questions. (a good thing of course)

We had 150 AMS bowfishing brochures, and like Slim said, they were gone in no time. The free HuntingNet mouse pads didn't last long either. Sold out of the Hawglites too.

I'd say it was a big success!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

More pictures.....

Group photo.. Joanne, myself, Keithand Dave.

Sunday was Keith's birthday. We gave him a cake, but we spared him our singing.

Slim's decal on his truck. (muy coolio!)

Old 02-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

A big thanks to everybody!! Keith for putting up with us, Rob for designing the brochures and getting the banner made. Slim for printing, shirts and bowstand. Dave for the myriad of stuff he kept up with. Joanne for the great company and dinner. Kendall for carrying the TV around and not letting anyone forget that I dropped all the pickles...
Aimlow for the videos. AMS for the bow and literature. Thanks to Brackett Outdoors for the Extreme Aerial Bowfishing DVD's too. (this looks like another great bowfishing DVD to add to your collection) Thanks to all the other members that helped out. Thanks to the folks that visited the booth too!!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

I forgot, here's a picture of the back of the t-shirts.

I suppose I should post at least one or two deer pictures too. There were around 600 entered. Some truly amazing ones! (the last photo is of Mr Shumaker with his251 6/8" deer... wow!!)

Quick Reply: After the Deer Classic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.