Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 MONSTER Ontario Deer Hunt - Great Price >

MONSTER Ontario Deer Hunt - Great Price

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

MONSTER Ontario Deer Hunt - Great Price

Old 01-02-2005, 08:52 PM

Default MONSTER Ontario Deer Hunt - Great Price

7 Day Ontario Trophy Whitetail Hunt
Only $1300
5 Star Lodging

Come experience Canadian whitetail hunting at it's best. Saskatchewan sized deer at Ontario prices. This area of Ontario has traditionally been a bear and moose hunting destination. It has received VERY minimal non-resident trophy whitetail hunting. In 2004, we had 100% success rates on presentation of mature bucks. 16 of 18 hunters harvested a buck. The 2 that didn't harvest a buck saw mature bucks, but were holding out for a BIG trophy. Average weight of bucks are 250 pounds. Of the 16 harvested in 2004, one scored 150+, 6 or 7 went 140+, with most of the rest in the 120-140 class range.

Make sure you book your trip early. There are 9 weeks available, and they sold out in 10 days for the 2004 season. The hunt takes place near Dryden, Ontario. Dryden is a full service city in the heart of Ontario's Sunset Country, and a hotbed for outdoor enthusiasts. Known worldwide for its fishing, Dryden is quickly becoming a hunting hotbed as well. Approximately 100 miles north of International Falls, MN and 200 miles east of Winnepeg, Manitoba.

During your hunting trip we also offer guided day fishing trips and half day trapping trips for a nominal charge. Spend some time fishing for trophy Walleye, Northern Pike, and Muskie, or take a half day and walk the trap-line of a professional fur trapper.

This amazing 7 Day Canadian Hunting adventure includes all of the following:

* 7 nights at one of our 5 star outpost lodges
* Extra nights before/after the hunt available at no extra charge
* Your own private lodge includes full kitchen and bath facilities & satellite TV
* Stay in the heart of the Northwestern Ontario wilderness, minutes from hunting
* Have coffee each morning overlooking world famous Eagle Lake
* Stay in lodges that rent for $1000 per week during fishing season
* Includes daily maid service

Included With Hunting Trips:

* 7 days of Trophy Whitetail hunting
* Permanent and climbing stands are provided
* Year round baiting with corn, dairy ration, and mineral licks
* Gamecam pictures forwarded to you throughout the summer and fall
* Additional hunts (Timberwolf, Gamebirds etc.) available at nominal cost
* Rifle, Bow, and Muzzle loader available

Also Included in Package

* All necessary customs forms and paperwork
* Information package mailed to you upon booking
* Tour of town and surrounding area upon arrival
* Taxidermy references if required

Price is $1300 per person.

Click the link for pictures: Ontario Trophy Deer Hunt
Old 01-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MONSTER Ontario Deer Hunt - Great Price

I could be interested in this hunt with a buddy [bowhunt ] .

nubo
Old 01-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

How many acres are available strictly for this hunt? Hunt dates? Any chance of combining wit bear?

This is fair chase on free ranging animals correct? Feel free to e-mail me, definitely intresting, would need room for 4 hunters.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:30 PM

Here's some more info for you on this tremendous Ontario trophy whitetail hunt.

Our rifle season runs from the first of November thru the middle of December. As of this date (01 Jan 2005), we are booked solid the first week of November (the week that starts October 29) and the week of Thanksgiving. The second (starts on Nov. 5) and third (starts on Nov. 12) weeks of November are open as are the first and second weeks of December. Note that several parties have expressed interest in the currently open November dates and those may not be available much longer. Hunts start on a Saturday and end on a Friday (7 full days of hunting). You can stay extra nights before or after the hunt for no extra charge to suit your travel arrangements. You can hunt with rifle or muzzleloader on this hunt (we do not have a special muzzleloader season). Shots will normally be between 75-150 yards.

In 2004, we had 100% success rates on presentation of mature bucks. 16 of 18 hunters harvested a buck. The 2 that didn't harvest a buck saw mature bucks, but were holding out for a BIG trophy. Average weight of bucks are 250 pounds. Of the 16 harvested in 2004, one scored 150+, 6 or 7 went 140+, with most of the rest in the 120-140 class range. These ARE free-ranging whitetails.

We'll email new trailcam pics to all interested clients starting in April or May. Cameras don't work in the real cold weather. Please let me know if you are interested.

The 7 day hunt is $1300. There are NO Trophy fees. Licenses/tags are not included; they are approx. $150. The outfitter offers this hunt on private land over baited stations. Heated hunting blinds are provided.

You will be responsible for transportation. Typical arrangements are as follows: Fly into Winnepeg. Rent a vehicle and drive to the lodge (3.5 hours). OR Fly into Duluth, MN. Rent a vehicle and drive to the lodge (4.5 hours). OR Drive to the lodge in your own vehicle, if feasible. The outfitter will provide you and your party stand location and orientation info when you arrive. You will also be responsible for transportation to/from the hunting blinds. There will not be a guide sitting in the stand with you. The outfitter will also assist with tracking and recovering your game (NO EXTRA CHARGE). The outfitter charges extra for the following (or you can do these yourself):

Skinning & Removing & Packaging of meat - $75

Head & Shoulder Cape - $100

Full Body Cape - $200

Lodging is included. We have 13 cabins, ranging from 1 bedroom to 3 bedrooms, all with fully furnished kitchens, satellite TV, etc. You will be responsible for cooking your own meals in the fully equipped kitchen. A grocery store and restaurants are a 10 minute drive from the lodge. Go to www.stanleys.com for lodging info. Click on the Stanleys Resort section of the picture on the main page and then click on the cottages button on the left hand side. Take a few minutes and see the pics of each cabin ... including 360 degree tours of the interiors, it is worth it. Many of our groups stay in the Hawk Cliff and the Osprey ... two of the nicest places you will ever see.

If interested (i.e. if you tag out early), the fees for trapping is $100 per person. Fishing fees vary by the type of trip taken, and I can get you a full fishing pricelist in the next couple weeks, as we are re-vamping our price list.

Hope this helps clarify a few points on this tremendous whitetail hunt. It's a no-frills trophy hunt being offered at a great price for the hunter that does not need to be pampered.

Thanks,

Michael McLain
McLain Outdoor Adventures
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Your more than welcome to post your own classified but it's not appropriate to post your business within anothers classified add, this is not a competition. Thank your for your cooperation and understanding.. Rob
Old 01-08-2005, 12:54 PM

This Ontario trophy whitetail hunt still has a few openings, but they're going fast!!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

No Problem and my apologies.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

I am not writting this to degrade this hunt and I have never been with this outfitter. Just stating some facts. I am NOT saying this is not a good hunt. You judge yourself, this is what I found out today when I spoke with the owner.

#1 - No guides are required in Ontario, You are on your own. For $50. 00 bucks they will give you a guide ..I am not sure this $50 get's you what a normal guide gives you..check into this
#2 - If you fly in you will need to rent an SUV
#3 - You cook yourself & supply your own food
#4 - They will not drive you to your location each day, so you need a vehicle no matter what.
#5 - You may be dragging or tracking (worse case) your buck alone. Maybe this is where the $50 bucks comes in, don't know.

Here is what this hunt will cost me (1 -person) flying in from New Hampshire:
Hunt cost $1300
License cost $ 140
Flying in $ 460
SUV rental $400 ( estimates up to $470)
Food $ 300
Guide $ 350 (7x $50)

Total ---->$2950

There is nothing in the above cost's for Tips, Deer cut up, Getting the head out of Canada (which is a issue I just went through it) or a hot dog at the airport!

The owner told me this is a Self -sufficient Hunt.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:58 AM

I will call chris and check it out. The $50 a day and no help is a new one on me. There are other costs on any hunt. I agree with many of the additions you posted. The base price of the hunt is still very low compared to the quality and potential of the area. Take a SK hunt for example.

Base Price about 4,000
Plus Plane 500
rental 300
Lic 300

Total: 5,300 and the only differance is you had to cook. As for the you track um attutude "I will call chris and check it out." My imression is that they will do what ever it take s to put you on and retrieve your dream buck.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Chris,
Sorry I missed you at the Salem Show..
Again I just wanted to state I am not degrading that hunt.
For me, flying into place like Alberta or Saskatchawan I have never had to rent a SUV, worry about guide fees being extra or cooking.
That hunt is just what the owner said it is; Self Sufficient , not sure that is how the advertisment reads?
Being that, $1300 is about right...There are a lot of drop camps out there in the range from $900 and up, this one is an efficiency motel room.

Quick Reply: MONSTER Ontario Deer Hunt - Great Price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.