Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Ontario Spring Turkey Hunts >

Ontario Spring Turkey Hunts

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Ontario Spring Turkey Hunts

Old 12-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ontario Spring Turkey Hunts

Your hunt starts on the Turkey Spur Ranch. It is Located South of Stayner Ont. just miles from Georgian Bay. There can be some fishing on a local Trout stream that is known for its spring run of Rainbow or remain in the woods for an all day hunt(7 PM).

I am your main Guide and am known to be one of Canada's Top turkey Experts, I have hunted all across North America and have killed 90 birds myself. Exsperence goes a long way in a hunt.

Before One starts He or She has to have completed the Manditory Turkey hunting Safty Course (One day) that is given by the OFAH (705) 748-6324 or www.ofah.org for dates and Times.
This is done from Febuary to May. The last 2 dates this year(05)are the last weekend of April.

Ontario has a 2 bearded bird limit, 1 per tag, that can only be taken on different days. Licences can be bought togeather or at different times over the counter.

A hunt can start the night before roosting,then the next morning we hunt. You will learn more in one day out then you'll ever learn in a year. I explain to you the Pro's and Con's of the hunt as we go. Bring your own calls as I encourage the hunter to call aswell. This is mearly part of learning the sport. Being a new hunter I would say to read as much as you can about the sport before the hunt, this gives you a better insight before you have the aim on your Gobbler.

1/ I have Motels close by/price not included. Also Trailers can be used at the Ranch.
2/ I do the driving to and around the hunting areas.
3/ Education on the hunt.
4/ You get a free Mouth call or two.
5/ I hunt Thousands of Acres of Private land and I do hunt some Public.
6/ Success rate is at about 80% , my goal is that you kill a bird, % rate is my main concern. I do not allow Roost shooting.
7/ Bad days happen/On a bad day without killing, I do not charge if you do not hear a Gobble that day.
8/ if you kill , I take you too the check station.
9/ Take top notch pic's of you and the bird.
10/ You get a 8X10 colour pic of the bird the same day.
11/ I clean the bird ready for the table.

I charge $250 Dollars Per Day,Per person.
or $200 per day for Semi-Guided.
A down payment of 50% is required before the hunt.
All Funds are in Canadian

If a date is set ,and an opening comes up before the date , You'll be called and offered an earlyer date.
After the season opener , prices increase $50.00 to $300.00 per day.

Dates are limited as I have return client prebooks every year.

3 day hunts are available and are encouraged for the 2 bird limit.
Refrences available upon request....

Adrian J Hare
QuakerBoy Game Calls
Email : [email protected]
or 705-424-4343

Motels Close, Angus Moter Inn (Angus)- 705-424-7777
Borden Inn (Angus) - 705-424 6362
Golden Apple Inn (Stayner) - 705-428-2105