Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
2 Hunters/2 Observers - Limpopo Province, South Africa >

2 Hunters/2 Observers - Limpopo Province, South Africa

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

2 Hunters/2 Observers - Limpopo Province, South Africa

Old 12-08-2023, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default 2 Hunters/2 Observers - Limpopo Province, South Africa

All,

I just joined in order to be able to post this hunt, so please pardon my "newness." I won a hunt at auction, that I will not be able to use. I have worked with the company and they are willing to allow me to transfer ownership to a new party.

I paid $8,500 for the hunt back in 2021. They currently value it at $11,700. If someone is interested and could put this hunt to use, I'm more than happy to take a loss on it. In my head, I'm thinking $6,500 or so, but am open to discussion.

Thank you!

Here is the hunt description from the auction:

"Van Wijk invites you on a plains or dangerous game hunt in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. Included is accommodation for 10 full hunting days (lodge is thatched roof with ensuite bathrooms) for 2 Hunters and 2 Observers, trophies included are 2 Impala (1 per hunter), all meals, field prep, transportation during the hunt, delivery of trophies to one of our preferred taxidermists. Recommended method of take is rifle, muzzleloader or handgun, can be upgraded to bow. No semi-automatics. $1,000 deposit per hunter is required to secure hunt dates. This hunt is available March - November, 2024. Additional hunters, observers, trophies or tours like Kruger Park can be added at current price list. Excluded is round-trip transportation between O.R. Tambo Airport and the main camp at $400/per trip ($800 total), liquor, additional tours/trips, taxidermy and/or dip & pack services, accommodation before or after hunt, gratuities. The value of the hunt is $11 700.00.

Our main lodge is set in a peaceful setting approximately 2 1⁄2 hours North of Johannesburg, OR Tambo International Airport.

It is easily reached via good, tar roads form the airport. The last 3 miles of dirt road sets the scene for your entry into the real South Africa.

Here, guests can marvel at the brilliant stars in the African sky while relaxing by a roaring fire. Enjoy the swimming pool & some drinks by our bar after a hard day of hunting.

Over 200+ species of birds have been spotted and identified at the lodge

Remember to bring a cap or hat to sign and leave in our bar. Our collection is growing steadily and is currently 610+ strong.

The lodge has been built to blend in with the surroundings. The rock & thatch construction is beautifully done with local material being used throughout. It is truly a haven and a slice of paradise.

Every room has its own bathroom that is equipped with hot and cold water, fresh towels, tea & coffee, a mini fridge and everything else you might need. Daily laundry ensures peace of mind and helps with planning.

For those that simply cannot leave their work behind, we offer complimentary Wi-Fi. Meals are occasions you will remember for years to come."

INCLUDES:

10 Days, 9 Nights’ Accommodation

All meals and daily laundry

2x Impala (1 Per Hunter)

Services of a Professional Hunter

Use of hunting vehicles, trackers, skinners & camp staff Transportation in and around hunting area

Transport of trophies to South African Taxidermist

EXCLUDES:

Air Travel

Transport to and from OR Tambo Airport ($400 per trip, $800 Total) Accommodation before and after the Safari

15% VAT (Tax) on daily fees and wounded animals

Hire of rifles and ammunition

Hunting Licenses and Permits

Taxidermy, Dipping & Packing of trophies

Shipping of trophies from South Africa

Trophy Fees as per price list of the year that the hunt is taken

Side Trip and Tours as per price list of the year that the hunt is taken Gratuities

CONDITIONS:

This is a 2x1 hunt (2 Hunters Sharing 1 Professional Hunter) Rates are subject to change without prior notice

Certain species require CITES or TOPS permits

Only animals taken or wounded will be charged for

VAT (15%) will be charged to animals that are not being exported

This is a 10 Day hunt. Day rate will be applicable if more than 10 days are used

The hunt starts upon pick up at the airport and ends with drop off at the airport.

Donated Trips will be hosted out of Main lodge, in Vaalwater Limpopo Province.

Hunting method is Rifle, Muzzleloader or Handgun (can be upgraded to Bow)

A $2000.00 deposit to secure booking

Deposit is redeemable against trophy fees, side trips and/or tours taken but NOT refundable Animals not listed may be available

This hunt will be valid until 31 December 2024
Old 12-09-2023, 02:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Something is wrong here! First you say you won a hunt at an auction. Then you go on to say bring a hat to sign and leave at (our) bar then you say the hunt include one Impala for each hunter. $8,500 is pretty steep for one Impala. You start off saying you are a hunter trying to sell a hunt you cannot take and then switch gears and sound like you are involved with the outfitter. Buyer beware.
Old 12-09-2023, 06:14 AM
Spike

Oldtimr,
thanks for the reply - I apparently wasn’t clear enough so I appreciate you pointing it out. The first two or so paragraphs were me talking. Then I say “Here is the hunt description from the auction:” after that everything listed is copied and pasted from the auction material so Van Wijk Safaris is speaking at that point.
Does that make sense?
I have all the official documentation and can provide all the details as well as contact info to Van Wijk and we can all communicate together to get everything in writing with them well before any money is exchanged, so I can promise that “buyer doesn’t need to beware.”
also, it’s a ten day trip with most expenses paid for 4 people… two of them can hunt as much as they want and the price includes 2 impala (one for each hunt).
any 10 day trip for four people with lodging and food would be well priced at $1,625 per person.
or, at least, I thought so.

i hope that helps some! Again, I have all the info and fancy brochures and all that that I can provide via private message to anyone that is interested.

thanks!