Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Western Big Game Hunts with 2017 Openings >

Western Big Game Hunts with 2017 Openings

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Western Big Game Hunts with 2017 Openings

Old 02-01-2017, 11:39 AM
PHA
Fork Horn

Default Western Big Game Hunts with 2017 Openings

It’s been a while since I made a post on here but with the hunt booking season in full swing, I thought I would pass along some great hunts that still have 2017 openings. You can click on the hunt titles to be linked to my website which will give you more info.

Please refer any questions to my email address or call me. I always have my phone and email available to me. Also if anyone would like to receive email newsletters with hunt specials, news, etc., please send me your email address and I will add you to the list.

The hunts below are just a small sampling of what I have to offer. If you have a hunt in mind, drop me an email or call so we can discuss possible options.

In closing, just a reminder that my service is free to you and I will not book you on a hunt that I wouldn't do myself.

Regards,

Larry Holjencin
Premier Hunting Adventures

Colorado Elk Drop Camp – Hunt #78-E2 – Take your pick between 1st or 2nd rifle season. First season licenses are via the draw but 100% draw odds and 2nd season is over the counter.

Hunters can stay in a wall tent camp or in a cabin. The tent camp saves about two miles of walking round trip per day. A minimum of two hunters is needed to book. The maximum per hunt is four.

$1600 per hunter for 2 or 3 hunters and $1500 per hunter for a group of 4.

Colorado Guided Elk – Hunt #85-E – My lowest priced private land, guided elk hunt. There are still a few openings for 2nd, 3rd and 4th rifle seasons. This place has run 85% success rate on bulls for many years. If you want to see a lot of elk, this is a good option. Horses are used daily to travel to and from the hunt area.

Includes: meals, lodging, 2×1 guiding, field care, skinning and caping of elk, delivery of meat to processor.

4 Day Hunt - $4700

Montana Mule Deer – Hunt #84-MD – The least expensive guided muley hunt I have. The price is going up in 2018 but for 2017 is only $3500 for a private land, guided hunt with meals and lodging. Don’t let the price fool you, they have quality leases, good numbers of deer and respectable bucks averaging 22-26 inches wide.

License is via the draw but 100% draw odds. Season dates are October 22 – November 27.

Includes meals, lodging, 2×1 guiding, field care and caping of your animal

5 Day Hunt - $3500 or 5 Day Late Season Rut Hunt - $4000

Montana Trophy Mule Deer – Hunt #86-MD – 2 openings left for 2017. Here is a small operation that takes a conservative buck harvest off their private leases which allows them to take 170-190 inch bucks each year.

Licenses are via the draw but 100% draw odds with no preference points.

Includes meals, lodging, 2×1 guiding, field care of your animal. Lodging is in a farmhouse. 5 Day Hunt - $6500

Colorado Merriam’s Turkeys – Hunt #78-T – One bird hunt. I have been trapping bobcats on this ranch the past few weeks and seeing good numbers of turkeys. This hunt is better suited for hunters that are patient and can sit and call versus run-n-gunners. The birds are predictable if you don’t keep spooking them.

The license is over the counter and $101 plus $10 for the habitat stamp. The season runs April 8 – May 21, 2017. Great trout fishing in the nearby Arkansas River too.

3 Day Hunt - $750 unguided or $900 guided. Lodging is provided but meals are not. The lodge has a full kitchen.

Colorado Elk Drop Camp – Hunt #76-E – in the Flat Tops Wilderness has September 9-15 open. This is archery season and also muzzleloader. Archery licenses are over the counter and muzzleloader takes 4 preference points to draw. I had three rifle hunters from PA on this hunt last fall and they killed 3 nice bulls.

5 Day Hunt - $2250 per hunter when booking 1-3 hunters
$1950 per hunter when booking 4-5 hunters
$1800 per hunter when booking 6 hunters

Wyoming Hunt #87 – Hunts for antelope, mule deer or mule deer & antelope combos. 100% draw odds and 100% shot opportunity on both deer and antelope. These are private land hunts that include: meals, lodging, 2×1 guiding, field care and retrieval of animal to camp, caping of animal, delivery of animal to processor.

More details and photos at the links below.

Antelope: Hunt #87-PA - Lots of land and lots of antelope. A fun hunt to look over a lot of bucks. $2450 or $2200 for a group of 4 or more.

Mule Deer: Hunt #87-MD - Past hunters have seen 40-80 bucks on a 4 day hunt. $3500 for a 4 day hunt.

Mule Deer & Antelope Combo: Hunt #87-MDPA - A great way to save nearly $1000 off two single species hunts and take two animals on one trip. $5000 for a 4 day hunt.

Larry Holjencin
719-429-7062
Old 02-02-2017, 05:44 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

Just wanted to add that the Colorado Merriam's turkey hunt can be done without lodging for $550