Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Looking for Phesant hunts reasonable priced >

Looking for Phesant hunts reasonable priced

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Looking for Phesant hunts reasonable priced

Old 10-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Spike

Default Looking for Phesant hunts reasonable priced

I am looking for a place to go pheasant hunting preferably Iowa. Would really like to find a Mom / Pop operation (lodging not necessary). I used to have a place where they had property leased and also knew of all the CRP in the area. We were brought to each sport and told how to hunt it and were the borders are, but were not guided as the Outfitter was handicapped. Great people and reasonably priced but I have since lost their contact info. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks Gil
Old 10-23-2016, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

why the need to pay for land access
done a LOT of DIY pheasant hunts in many states,, never didn't get into a LOT of birds on public lands?
this is the only guy off the top of my head I know that offers great DIY type hunts,
his name is DR Mark here is his web site

https://www.tailfeatherinn.com/home.html

NOT Iowa, but ND, but I have hunted his area a few times and there was NO shortage of land or pheasants
and he has a wide range of lodging types to offer as well, as access to great hunting spots for a reasonable price I think

NOT as cheap as a DIY hunt?? but ?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Spike

Thanks for the tip I'll get in contact with him
Old 10-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

your welcome, he's a nice guy, I had a lot of talks with him yrs back and was super kind and helpful
I however went on the DIY side and never stayed with him
BUT if you wanted, he can also help you set up a DIY archery deer hunt too while your out there
I did most all my upland game hunts that way. would work the dog in the AM on birds, wear him out and then do archery deer hunting in evenings, ND is a 30+ hr drive for me, so, I wanted to use the trip to the fuillest I could when I am out there

I hunted a little north of this place, near belfield ND, never had a ounce of trouble filling my limit on pheasants, at times, hate to say it, was rather easy, so started ONLY shooting really long tailed birds to slow things down
I was seeing 500+ roosters a day on my trips there, hunted deer closer to the Little Missouri national Grasslands area, think its a hair over a million acres of public lands, and LOTS of small plots and public lands all over the area
from MY experience, all of this area and south of it, was loaded with pheasants and open places to hunt
last trip there was for 10 days of hunting and never seen a hunter besides me, MY kind of place LOL
Old 11-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Spike

Thanks much I sent them an email I am very interested. Thanks again Gil