Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Need hunting buddies >

Need hunting buddies

Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Need hunting buddies

Old 05-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Spike

Default Need hunting buddies

I bid on a trip at an NRA banquet and won this trip to Africa for 7 days (5days huntibg, 2 days travelling). Need 3 other people to go with me. Tried friends and family,,NoGo
Old 05-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Going to Africa with perfect strangers is a very risky move. It only takes one person who is a complainer, a slacker or just doesn't fit in to ruin a hunt and it isn't like you can just walk away. Africa is a long way from home
Old 05-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've done Africa 5 times and I wouldn't want to be part of a group of 4 if they were strangers. I did a couple of 2x1 and 2x2 hunts with my father being the second hunter and those worked out well but I wouldn't want to do it with someone I don't know. Too many things can go wrong and too many feelings can get bent out of shape for me to risk that.

Africa is expensive, a long ways away and often some of the game can be hard to get into, especially for trophies. The last 3 times I went there I went alone and that just works out better. The PH is only trying to please one hunter and that one hunter gets either the shot or the right to pass and nobody gets to dictate which it is. On one of the 2x2 hunts with my father he had a very hard time getting into game and I took 5 or 6 really good animals. With family that is fine. With strangers that may have been uncomfortable to say the least.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you for donating money to the NRA!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

You either do not have any friends or there all to cheap either way sounds like an avoidable situation
Old 07-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Spike

Default for sale

HUnting trip to Africa and 2 Traditions Muzzleloaders and supplies for sale.
I bid this trip to Africa and now can't go .

It is scheduled for April of 2018
Old 09-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Spike

im interested in a muzzleloader package. please PM me if youre interested in that