Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
How to travel hunt >

How to travel hunt

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

How to travel hunt

Old 10-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How to travel hunt

Looking for info from some of you experienced in traveling around and hunting in different locations. Looking to start hunting in other states in a few years (just registered for some college courses) and was wanting to know how you do certain thing.
- do you prefer hiring a guide or outfitter or going public land.
- if you manage to get on private land how do you come across landowners willing to let you on prior to getting to a location. Are you finding listings on Craigslist or something.
- how do you organize your logistics for the trip and how long do you set aside duration wise for the trips typically.
- when you get to location do you chat up the local outfitter stores or gun shops or head straight for the woods to take a look around.

Just essentially looking to see how you guys do it possibly even start a how to thread for those interested.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

I do a lot of out of state turkey hunting. I always go semi guided. I will do quite a bit of checking on outfitters in the states Im looking at hunting. I do have an outfitter I hunt with in Missouri every year and I'll continue to hunt with him. I search and read as much as I can on an outfitter if Im interested. I also call the outfitter and talk with them. I check with references they provide. If you have any questions send me a PM.