Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Deer Hunt Auction To Help Paralyzed Veterans and Our QDMA Chapter >

Deer Hunt Auction To Help Paralyzed Veterans and Our QDMA Chapter

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Deer Hunt Auction To Help Paralyzed Veterans and Our QDMA Chapter

Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Hunt Auction To Help Paralyzed Veterans and Our QDMA Chapter

This is not an event that will be hosted by our chapter, but half of the proceeds will be donated to the Northeast Oklahoma QDMA Chapter to help us have enough funds to start up some activities, including working our way toward having out first fundraising banquet. The other half will go to the Mid-America Chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America to benefit the hunts and other outdoor activities we put on for them. All bidding will be posted on the thread on the QDMA forums at http://www.qdmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=34547. If someone would like to bid anonymously, they can e-mail me at [email protected] with ‘Auction’ in the subject title and I will post the bid for you (or just PM me here). Minimum starting bid will be $1,000 with increments of $100 thereafter. Bidding will continue through 11:59 p.m. Central Standard time on August 31, 2010. If we, however, have not had anyone bid the minimum amount required by the stated closing date, I will halt the bidding process and the hunt will go on a first-come basis for $1,500. The hunt will not be available after September 15, 2010 if no one has claimed it by then.

The hunt would be the final three days of muzzleloader season in Oklahoma, October 29-31, 2010. Hunters should plan on arriving the afternoon/evening of the 28th and departing the evening of the 31st. With advanced notice, an additional night of lodging may be arranged for the evening of the 31st if the winning bidder would like to depart the following day. Lodging, tags, most meals, transportation to and from hunting locations from local accommodations would be included. Pick-up from the Tulsa International Airport or possibly another nearby location may be arranged as well. We also have additional muzzleloaders and supplies available if needed for use on the hunt, so traveling with firearms may not be necessary. It will run concurrently with a hunt we are putting on for the Mid-America Chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America (http://www.mapva.com). The winning bidder may bring an additional non-hunting party at no additional cost.

Hunt organization will be safe, professional and enjoyable. It will also offer the opportunity to meet some of America's true heroes we are honoring with this hunt. We always have a lot of fun and we have some very nice deer in northeastern Oklahoma where the hunt will be held. We have thousands of total acres to hunt in the area, some of which is only allowed hunting access due to this event. There are no high fences; these are all free-range animals. One buck and one doe may be taken. Individuals may be hunting from blinds or from treestands. We provide mandatory safety training and muzzleloader usage instruction to every hunter and guide involved in the hunt. Hunters may also opt to hunt with archery equipment that qualifies for legal for use in Oklahoma, but will not be supplied. If anyone has any questions about the hunt, please feel free to contact me here or at my e-mail, [email protected]. To verify the hunt details and division of funds with the Mid-America Chapter, the Chapter President, Bill Kokendoffer, at [email protected] or at the MAPVA Chapter office in Oklahoma City at (800) 321-5041.

By the way, there are pictures of some recently harvested deer as well as sheds and trail cam pics from deer that should still be roaming the properties this year on the thread in the QDMA forums. I'll post some here soon as well...thanks, all!

Last edited by USFWC; 08-31-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Still no bids, everyone! Please refer anyone that might be interested! Great deal here and get to help 2 deserving organizations!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Made a few changes to the process and extended some deadlines. We have no bids yet still. Thanks to anyone entertaining the thought of joining us this fall.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Not a whole heckuva lot of time left, guys. Anyone considering it?
Old 08-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Just a couple of days left, everyone...hope someone takes advantage of this opportunity.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Last day for bidding! If you have not noticed, all tags and licenses ARE included. You're not going to find such a good deal very often!

Last edited by USFWC; 08-31-2010 at 07:37 AM.