Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 BEAR HUNT IN JIM SHOCKEY PLACE in CANADA >

BEAR HUNT IN JIM SHOCKEY PLACE in CANADA

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

BEAR HUNT IN JIM SHOCKEY PLACE in CANADA

Old 06-30-2008, 09:15 PM

Default RE: BEAR HUNT IN JIM SHOCKEY PLACE in CANADA

i'll stick with riding my bike
Old 06-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Lucan, Nice Avatar

What kind of machine is that?
I believe it is the John Deere STS Rotor combine, but am not sure of the actual model. We have some frinds that have the 9660 model and they are some sweet combines.
Yes they are. If things go as planned I'll be sitting in a 9660 STS next summer. That's me inmy9650 in mine. Is that you driving it in yours?
No, that is just one I got off of the internet. My family doesn't actually farm, but I have worked for farmers all my life, so I can get around a combine or tractor pretty good. I am working for a guy this summer and we are in the middle of wheat harvest now. I started at 8:00am this morning and got off at 11:00pm this evening[&:], but we are having fun. The down side is that we only have one combine, a JD 9500, so it is a little slow going on the grain cart operator (me), but at least I am getting paid well!!!!!

We should be done by tuesday of next week.

How did you guys turn out on your wheat harvest???? I heard that part of Oklahoma didn't have much for a crop. We have been averaging around 50-60 bushels per acre with test weights being around 62. We have had a good amount of rain up here this year, so that helped out a lot. The las few years have been pretty dry here, so we needed a good year.......
Old 06-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

Look when he joined..........clear back in 2003......
only one post. Must be a record of some sort.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM

Lucan,

I know the feeling on those long days. We usually went 8-midnight and it can wear down on you. Fatigue just becomes something you live with after a week or so of that stuff. Im surprised you had the time to get on HNI[&:]I always came home and went strait to bed

Our grain cart driver never had a slow minute. We had 4 combines running the whole time. He was blowin smoke all dayThe only time we ever had a rest was when we got full and had to wait for trucks. Our elevators got full fast around here and it was slow going sometimes.

Our crop did pretty well here. We cut ~5000 in8 daysacres and I think we averaged in the mid 40s for bushels per acre. The north central part of the state is what got hit hard with the bad weather this year. They are hurtin up there. I am in the southwest corner of the state.

Now its just loooooooong days sittin on a tractor plowing the fields...I wish I was back on a combine..........
Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, last year I ran a 1000 bushel grain cart for a guy that ran 3 JD 9610's, so it was a lot faster paced. I like it that way though. I would rather be running hard than sitting all day.......

As for HNI, I am never to tired to see what gossip is going on on here........
Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: ubaldo

, i realy recomend this plase
A butcher of the English language.....