Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Alaska yacht based black bear hunt. >

Alaska yacht based black bear hunt.

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Alaska yacht based black bear hunt.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Alaska yacht based black bear hunt.

Just a quick note to let you know that Glacier Mountain Outfitters of
Alaskahas aMay 19th-25th 2008 yacht based black bear hunt for 4 hunters has come available again. Though previously unavailable this is the only slot we have left for 2008 and is right during the meat of our spring season. This is probably the single best date for getting a genuine trophy coastal black bear. As always, the hunt is all-inclusive aboard our private yacht with 3 staterooms, 2 bathrooms and a full-time cook. Don't miss this opportunity as prices are going up in 2009. We need hunters to come in pairs or a group of 4.
Price is $4,200 per hunter in 2008 or $4,800 per hunter in 2009.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaska yacht based black bear hunt.

Tell me more about the hunt. Where is this hunt based out of, Homer??? Do they pick up & drop off clients at the airport? I did a hunt just like this last spring. I would love to do it again.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

I sent you a P.M and am getting more information from the outfitter.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did not get the P.M.???

I am interested in this hunt, tell me more.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Glacier Mountain Outfitters areout of Valdez. The Best Western is whereclients stay the first night and the people there do an airport pick up.The hunts areall-inclusive besides licenses, tags and trophy shipping.

Operating under a Chugach National Forest special use permit, Glacier Mountain Outfitters is proud to offer "one of a kind hunts" in pristine Prince William Sound aboard our private yacht. Everything you've heard about "The Sound" is true and more! Aside from the abundant marine life it boast perhaps the highest concentration of trophy black bears on earth. With hides squaring from 6-7 feet it's no wonder Prince William Sound has a reputation for producing giant black bears. Nowhere will you see a higher number of bears, a bigger percentage of large male bears or more perfect hides on bears. Period. We pride ourselves on having the best black bear hunt currently available and the equipment and skill to make it happen. We harvest nothing but large males with perfect hides.

Glacier Mountain Outfitters is a trophy hunting guide service owned and operated by, Greg Jennen and my wife, Petra.Greg is the head guide in charge of the operation where the rubber meets the road. Petra's in charge of the details. She keepsthings organized and the business running smoothly. It's a joint effort.

When selecting guide areas they seek out exclusive federal concessions in Alaska that have very limited/controlled hunting. It'sGreg's belief that a quality hunt can't be had where there is unrestrained competition from other hunters. Be they Alaska residents or non-residents on guided hunts. That's whyhechosessuch areas.He hunts places that are still like Alaska was in the good old days.

Don't be fooled by an outfitter who can display a few pictures of large trophy animals, yet takes dozens or scores of clients per year. What percentage of clients actually collected true trophies ? Maybe 10% ? At Glacier Mountain Outfitters Greg, along with 1 or carefully chosen assistant guides, personally guide every hunt. Each client isput in an excellent spot with an excellent guide.They won't settle for second rate performance when it comes to guiding hunts. It'stheir belief that every client should receive 110% effort on the part of his guide. That's what puts Glacier Mountain Outfitters in the top 1% of the guiding profession.

Remember, hype and salesmanship only go so far. When it comes to producing results it takes a dedicated professional guide who won't surrender.