Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

family hunt

Old 01-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Spike

Default family hunt

Looking for a traditional wilderness hunt. Tents, horses, 2:1 or 3:1 guide withcook/wrangler, lots of stalking i.e. fair chase, etc... Prefer elk and/or deer. Kids are 12, 15, 17 with father and mother in their 40's and in great physical condition, 6 people total. Everyone has hunter safety cards. All have hunting experience. I would prefer a location that has good percentages like Colorado not interested in trophies could be cows or does also with an acceptable bull or buck thrown in. Prefer leased or private land. Would prefer to be only party in camp.08 or 09timeframe. Obviously need patient guides with wife and kids. Interested in Western hunting experience more than trophies but do need to some success. Thanks, kaboovy Man
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: family hunt

Sweetroels I am checking now with all of our outfitters in NM, Co. and MT. We have a hunt like that in British Columbia but that is pretty rough country for a family outing.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Spike

Not trying to kick things to the top just trying to understand why the low response. Kids, Wife, to picky on style of hunt? Maybe I should be more patient? I have the money, time and enthusiasm to do this. If anybody could give me advice on how to look for this type of hunt if not on this board, where, that would be helpful. Thanks GR
Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Spike

We offer a traditional wilderness hunt here in Ontario Canada. Not horse and tent scenerio but our hunting is traditional. Our hunt takes place out on the lake in complete wilderness. No roads, clear cuts or houses. The lodging is a new remote cabin. Bring your own food. Guided. We can accommodate a family hunt.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sweetroels

Not trying to kick things to the top just trying to understand why the low response. Kids, Wife, to picky on style of hunt? Maybe I should be more patient? I have the money, time and enthusiasm to do this. If anybody could give me advice on how to look for this type of hunt if not on this board, where, that would be helpful. Thanks GR
Sweetroels,
Welcome to the site. I don't think anyone is trying to dodge the question...its just that it is a weekend and it sometimes takes several days for everyone to get around to all the postings. Just be patient and I'm sure that you will get the responses that you are looking for.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Typical Buck

Sweetroels, Send me an e-mail at or a pm and I have an option for you. I do a DIY hunt in Co. and plan on taking my 13yo son there this year. We have had really good luck and it is a fun time.

Steve
Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Information on Elk Creek Outfitters in Idaho.[/b]
[/b]
General:[/b]
Elk Creek Outfitters is a licensed and bonded hunting business permitted in the Krassell Ranger District of the Payette National Forest. We hunt approximately eighty square miles of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, which is the largest wilderness area in the lower forty-eight states. We are located in Fish and Game unit 20A on the South Fork of the Salmon River in Central Idaho. Base camp is located at approximately 6000 feet elevation and hunting is generally done below 8000 feet

We offer guided or drop camp hunts for elk, mule deer, bear, and mountain lion. Our combination hunts run September 14th through November 19th. Early season hunts offer greater opportunity for bugling bulls as well as black bear. Later hunts are still great for elk and are excellent to hunt mule deer in the rut with the added opportunity to use hounds on mountain lions. We also have some early September black bear hunts using spot and stalk as well as baiting.

This is a "no-draw" (guaranteed license) area for Elk and is one of the only areas in the West with "no-draw" licenses for rifle hunting during the September bugling season.

Trent Bullock was born and raised in Central Idaho, as was most of the crew. The guides and wranglers are all experienced horsemen and familiar with hunting and the country. We look forward to hunting with you this fall

Booking Details
After we agree on hunting dates, level of service and price of your hunt, I'll send you a contract describing our agreement. Once receiving the contract, you will review it, sign it and return it within 2 weeks along with a 50% deposit. I will then send you a receipt. Balance will be due by August 15. I will also send you a Release of Liability form which must be signed and returned.

A checklist of required and recommended hunting gear can be found on this web site.

We provide a one-night stay in McCall, Idaho the night before the hunt begins and transportation to and from the hunting area (3 hours by truck and 1-2 hours by horseback) for all guided hunters. All meals/etc in the Boise/ McCall area are at the hunters expense. Transportation to/from the Boise Airport (approximately 3 hours) is provided for those who fly. For those who drive their own vehicles, arrangements can be made to leave them at the McCall airport or at the trailhead.

Drop camp hunters must provide their own transportation to and from the hunting area.

Camp[/b] Details[/b][/b]
Even though our camps are in remote areas they are all spacious and clean. We use horses and mules to hunt as well as to get to and from camp. Family-style meals are served twice a day with a sack lunch at noon. Our camps consist of wall tents with wood stoves, bunks, and foam pads as well as a complete kitchen set-up. The accommodations are second to none. Trent carries a satellite phone should any emergencies arise in camp.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Spike

Sweetroels I can offer you the type of hunting you are looking for. You may hunt 1600 low fence acres exclusively. FMI call (325)340-6902 or check out our Myspace
I will make whatever accomadations you desire.
Paul