Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Spring Turkey Hunts >

Spring Turkey Hunts

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Spring Turkey Hunts

Old 12-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Spring Turkey Hunts

There are still a few weeks of bow season left for deer and turkeys here in North Missouri, but I'm ready for Spring turkeys and have little use for the rest of this winter. We at Hidden Valley Hunting are already taking calls and answering e-mails concerning spring hunts. Our new office girl, "Bernie" is handling all booking calls now through our Omaha number 1-402-455-6756.Becauseof last years spring flood, the Dept. of Conservation warns that turkey numbers may be down, due to nests being destroyed last spring. This may be so, but I personally observed over ten healthy nests that hatched after the flood, with an average of ten eggs. I keep track of nests I find while mushroom hunting, and found more nests last year than ever, after the flood! This combined with the fact that I saw just as many turks as usual during deer season, leads me to believe that there will be plenty of turkeys to hunt, since we will be looking for large adult birds anyway. I really don't think North Missouri will notice a difference in numbers this year anyway. We hunted zero fall turkeys this year on our land, which should also help this spring, as there were no fall hens taken, so, more nests this spring. We will adjust our hunter numbers if necessary next year, (2009) if we don't see enough adult birds, so that all the hunters we do have, will have the best possible chances without harming our flocks. Quality land and healthy numbers make happy and successful hunters, and thats what we're all about.