Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

COAGS

Old 10-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Default COAGS

Has anyone ever heard of the Colorado Outdoor Adventure Guide School a.k.a. COAGS???... The School seems very interesting and wouldn't mind enrolling there, but I was just wondering if it is familiar with anyone and highly recommended??...
If have, post comment. Thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: COAGS

The school seems to be a very good school I've talked quite a bit with them. I was looking at starting a hunting business in Missouri and actually selected them to come in and train all my guides. If you are wanting to take the courses just to become a better hunter they off courses that are more consumer oriented. If you are looking at becoming a guide this is the school I would definately recommend.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Thanks for the reply. I really do want to be a guide, and anything that is associated with the Hunting Industry. I just absolutely love Whitetail Hunting, being in the outdoors, and want to be the BEST in the Business. I appreciate your recommendation.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM

I have several friends who went to this school, they all got resonably good jobs right out of the program. I was also very impressed with the placement programs they have available. The knowledge gained is very valuable. I have also worked with several guy who went through a Rocky mountain guide school, I am not sure if that is the real name or not. I will try to find out more for you. They all loved thier exierinces.

On another note, I would caution anyone wanting to become a guide, its long hard hours with little pay. You can't just like to hunt, it must be a deep seated passion. You have to love it. You may not get paid much but the rewards are great. Just know that many have said they wanted to be guides then got burnt out after a year or two. I wouldn't take back my time guiding for the world, it put me on a career path I wouldn't have had a chance for otherwise. Pay your dues and work hard, and it could be the best thing to ever happen to you.

And thank you for your service, semper fi.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 AM

Thank you for the encouragement birddogTX36. I appreciate your advice, and couldn't agree more with you. I honestly hope that down the road door's will open for bigger and better oportunities!

Semper Fi
Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Yea, I went to the basic, pro, and whitetail programs. School was awesome, everything you'd expect and the setting was amazing, I went bow hunting for elk on weekends and what not. Only problem is that I'm from NY, and although they give you a list of outfitters that will pretty much certainly hire you, they didn't have any outfitters from the north east.