Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Outfitter question >

Outfitter question

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Outfitter question

Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Outfitter question

I'm planning on taking my first ever bear hunt this next spring and was wondering if anyone has used 'Outdoors connection' to book their hunt? Going to try to get a hunt here in the States (not fond of flying)Any advice or other outfitter info would be appreciated.Looking to hunt in Idaho,Maine or Minnesota.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Outfitter question

Can't reccommend a specific outfitter but Minnesota is a good bear state. I took a 350lb. bear my first afternoon on a stand North of Duluth in 1991. Did it on a swap hunt. Had a local bait for two weeks in advance in exchange for a turkey hunt in Missouri.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I work with outfitters in all three of those states. Minnesota doesn't have spring hunts but here is information on all three outfitters
Minnesota
Bear-Down Outfitters and Guide Service[/b]
Hunt north of Duluth on public and private land. Bear-Down Outfitters and Guide Service can set you up on active baits. There are a large numbers of bear in our two zones and tags should be available even after the drawing. Our hunting camp is clean and comfortable.
If you get your bear early we can offer excellent fishing opportunities as well. Fishing for walleye, northern pike and pan fish on area lakes will help you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Our Standard Bear hunt package. This is a 5 day bear hunt with your guide. Your guide will bring you to your stand and pick you up after hunting hours. If you are successful your bear will be field dressed, caped and quartered and placed in a cooler until your departure…………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..Price- $1000.00 [/b]
If you have a group of 5 hunters[/b]…………………………………..Price- $4500.00 [/b]

Maine
*Fully guided hunting package-Includes all meals, 7 nights lodging on lake in a log cabin or cottage, and six days hunting. Transportation to and from active bait sites are provided by your guides. Recovery and care of harvested bears provided.
*Maine seafood dinner the night of arrival!!!!
*Opportunity to go to sea on a commercial lobster boat for a morning!!!!!!!
*Semi-Guided Hunting package-Includes use of our active bait sites and help with recovery and care of harvested bears. Guides will maintain active sites, and clients will be responsible for their own transportation to and from sites, lodging, and meals. Guides will familiarize clients to their site upon arrival (e-mail for more information). Hunters have the opportunity to rent log cabin or cottage. Please call or write for availability.
Licenses and tags are the responsibility of the hunter.

Idaho

Idaho wilderness bear hunts
Elk Creek Outfitters is a licensed and bonded hunting business permitted in the Krassell Ranger District of the Payette National Forest. We hunt approximately eighty square miles of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, which is the largest wilderness area in the lower forty-eight states. We are located in Fish and Game unit 20A on the South Fork of the Salmon River in Central Idaho. Base camp is located at approximately 6000 feet elevation and hunting is generally done below 8000 feet.

Idaho Non-Resident Black Bear

$31.50

Second Bear

$31.50

We provide a We provide one-night stay in McCall, Idaho and transportation to the hunting area for all guided hunters. Transportation to/from the Boise Airport is provided for those who fly. Drop camp hunters must provide their own transportation to and from the hunting area.

Thanks,
[/b]

Old 07-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Spike

Hi Coors. I'v dealt with OC for several years. Have met some great guys. I would suggest you check their site, and try and pick an agent close to your home area . They have a better understanding of where your coming from. Trying to get to / . I can recommend Bruce Rowe from Wisconsin, or David Tenney from Arizona. Good luck. W>
Old 07-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the all the info.Looks like I'm going to book thur 'O.C',for around the end of next April first of May.Going to hunt in Idaho,still working on all the info.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

coorsdrifter1 if you don't get it done with OC give me a call or email and I will set you up with as good of a bear hunt in Maine as you will find. Toll Free 1-877-647-9926