Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Elk hunt in CO

Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Spike

Default Elk hunt in CO

Looking for possibly 2008 to go on an Elk hunt in Co. Wondering if you have to book outfitters in groups of 4 or can you go at it alone? Also, where is some of the places to look for guides? Here in Ontario, Canada we don't have an Elk season.....so West bound I shall be. I know I could go as my wife told me I could
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elk hunt in CO

Hey Muzzler, you don't need a whole group you can book a hunt as a single. Check out our site, we offer a lot of elk hunts. www.sportsmansjunction.com Just scroll down to where yousee elk listed and just click on any of the areas you might be interetsed in and it will take you straight to it.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:59 AM

muzzler,

I have a great hunt in Colorado. This past season this outfitter had a 100% shooting opportunity. You can check out my website at drhuntingadventures.com to see all the hunts I have listed. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 04-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Spike

Thanks guys. I just saw that most outfitters had listed as minimum of 4 or 3 for bookings. Now I know!!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 PM

Muzzler,

Alot of times what outfitters mean when they say there is a minimum for say 4 hunters, is that it will take that many to make a full group for them to go out. This is due to the expense of the logistics to the outfitter, it takes that many hunters to make it pay for them. But that group can be made up of single hunters such as yourself. So it will mean that you join a group of others, but that is generally a very good experience, you meet new people who have the same passion you do and you enjoy their hunt with them.

Also, many, if not most, outfitters guide 2x1 meaning two hunters per one guide, so if you go as a single you will likely, unless specified, be hunting day to day with another hunter, either one who comes with you or one you are matched up with by the outfitter. Again, this is generally a great experience, and you will not be together all the time, as the guide may split you up and put you in one place and the other in another to ambush. It just all depends on the best move at the time.

Hope that helps you understand what all that's about. If you would like some help finding a reputable outfitter, we represent a number of outfitters in just about every state they are hunted. We've hunted with all of them and send many clients to each of them, so we know they will give you a great hunt. Let me know if we can help you geton a great hunt.