Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 APO outfitters in Illinois...anyone? >

APO outfitters in Illinois...anyone?

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

APO outfitters in Illinois...anyone?

Old 12-13-2006, 09:42 AM

Default APO outfitters in Illinois...anyone?

I am about to send a deposit in for the last week of bow, and the first 3 day gunseason for 2007. I figured before I do I should aask the board if anyone has any expieience with this outfitter. I work hard for my money, and my time is limited, so I would rather know ahead of time that it will be 9 days of Illinois bliss rather than 9 days of hell....
Any and all comments appreciated.

Frankie
Old 12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: APO outfitters in Illinois...anyone?

All I can say is I hope you well. Its so hard to book without talking to other hunters thatthat have been there. I've heard so many bad stories it isn't funny.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you go to this link you can read a review from a past hunterof APO
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3?Action=Read&areview=109 9676598
Old 12-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Don't know about APO - but I can tell you from last years experience stay completely away from Hadley Creek Outfitters.

Don Hacker
Old 12-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thats funny you mention Hadley Creek. I had a lease in Pike Co. that was up against HadleyCreek. They had hunters every 300yds. along this one fence that seperated the two properties. In my opinion, they run way too many guys. They do have a ton of ground, but are killing the little guys that have ground in the same area. Just way too much pressure.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:14 PM

I hunted with Neil during the peak of the rut of 2004. We did not see a single buck that met his 125in standard. 5 guys hunted 4 days straight from dawn to dusk and only managed to see a handful of scrub rack bucks. I would not waste my time hunting with APO. It was so bad we left 1 day early.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I am very leary of outfitters in Illinois these days. Past couple of years, booked with two different "outfitters" at least that is what they called themselves. Both times it was never as they described over the phone. (Beware of Ebay Outfitter Sellers also)Itappears that money talks. The more money you are willing to pay them the better hunting stand locations and serviceyou will have. Other times no matter how much it cost you will still feel you have been swindled. Not familar with Hadley Creek outfitter but be very cautious, remember it is not only your money it will cost but your time, money, and missed opportunities you will have. If anybody has any better ideas for a good hunt in Illinois that will not break the bank, would appreciate the input
Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 PM

I'm not saying our hunts are better than everyone else but we have 500 acres of timber and crops and we'll only allow 5 hunters at a time! I can say you'll see action. I don't guarantee that you'll shoot a boone and crocket but we have some pretty big sneeky bucks here in northern Missouri. www.hiddenvalleyhuntingllc.com Hunt Missouri