Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters > Hunts/Outfitter Reviews
WARNING - Unscrupulous outfitter >

WARNING - Unscrupulous outfitter

Community
Hunts/Outfitter Reviews Went on a great hunt or had a good outfitter? - Write a Review of your experience!

WARNING - Unscrupulous outfitter

Old 01-20-2014, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default WARNING - Unscrupulous outfitter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OKLAHOMA-WIL...item51b79e5518

Has a hunt from last year that he has failed to honor. Trying to sell a 2 turkey hunt in a 1 turkey area.

Gman
Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Please provide a little more information so people can determine if your reported issue is correct or not. From internet research (see quote below), Fall turkey season in Oklahoma appears to be one bearded turkey but spring is 3 (see below) unless it is a county that limits hunters to only one or 2 turkeys (per county limit).

I had to research the outfitter location as I don't live in OK and am not familiar with the country or game laws. The outfitter's address is in Mcalester which is in Pittsburg County, a single turkey county for spring turkey season. Unless the outfitter is hunting a ranch in a different county, it would appear to be a 1-turkey limit in his operating area.

Spring Turkey Dates & Open Areas
  • April 6 -May 6, 2014, statewide, except in the Southeast Region (see Turkey).
  • April 21- May 6, 2014, in the Southeast Region only.
Season Limit
The season limit is three tom turkeys. Hunters may take more than one tom turkey per day, up to the season limit of three toms. However, no more than one tom may be taken in any county with a one-tom season limit and no more than two toms may be taken in any county with a two tom season limit. No more than one tom may be taken from the combined eight counties in the Southeast Region (Atoka, Choctaw, Coal, Latimer, Le Flore, McCurtain, Pittsburg, Pushmataha).
County Limits
  • The Southeast Region (the following eight counties) have a combined season limit of one tom turkey:Atoka, Choctaw, Coal, Latimer, Le Flore, McCurtain, Pittsburg, Pushmataha.
  • The following counties have a season limit of one tom turkey: Adair, Beaver, Bryan, Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Cimarron, Cleveland, Craig, Creek, Custer, Delaware, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Haskell, Hughes, Johnston, Kay, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Love, Marshall, Mayes, McClain, McIntosh, Murray, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Seminole, Sequoyah, Texas, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington.
  • The following counties have a season limit of two tom turkeys: Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Dewey, Ellis, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Jackson, Jefferson, Kingfisher, Major, Roger Mills, Stephens, Tillman, Wa****a, Woods and Woodward.
Legal Means of Taking
  • Archery: Equipment described as legal for deer archery season. See Deer.
  • Shotgun:Conventional or muzzleloading, using shot no larger than BB (.180 of an inch in diameter) are legal.
  • Illegal Firearms: Rifles and handguns may not be used during the spring season.
Fall Turkey (2013)

Spring Turkey (2014)

Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

He hunts Easterns in a county that allows only one bird to be harvested.

I had a hunt scheduled with him last year..spoke with him several times before season, then, when it came time to hunt, he was nowhere to be found. Won't return phone calls, emails, has barred me from his facebook page. I won the hunt on eBay at a reduced rate, but he refused to accept my payment. By the time the hunt came around, it was too late to give a negative review on eBay. While no money was lost, hunting time was, and I keep a very tight schedule during huntng season moving from state to state.

Gman
Old 01-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very interesting that a person would take the time to report this to others when no money has even been lost. That's all I need to know to decide whether I'd go with that outfitter or not.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Very interesting that a person would take the time to report this to others when no money has even been lost. That's all I need to know to decide whether I'd go with that outfitter or not.

Point taken...but I lost hunting time that I shouldn't have..and its also the way it was handled. If it was a problem for him, he should have tolds me months before, I could have hunted elsewhere. The week before the hunt and he's nowhere to be found.

Gman
Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

My comment was an attempt to say that I'm on your side and you're on the up and up by telling others about this even though you didn't lose money!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the positive feedback this guy has which is 4 in going on 4 yrs....2 are from March and June 2013 say great guy look forward to the hunt.....not exactly satisfied customers if you ask me.
Buyer Beware + his photos are cheesey out of focus at some feeder.
Beautiful Lodge tho....NOT! Or is that the outhouse???? Sorry my friend but I think that would be one ADVENTURE I'd pass on!!!!
Edited to say They should have said Great Hunt look forward to the next!!! JMT

Last edited by kswild; 01-20-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

+1 kswild. Why would anyone go on EBay to buy a hunt was the first question that popped into my mind!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
+1 kswild. Why would anyone go on EBay to buy a hunt was the first question that popped into my mind!
I know right! Remember you GET WHAT you pay for! Why not go with a reputable outfitter if you want a fully guided hunt? Every state has one. If you need to sell your hunts on ebay something is amiss. Come on man do your homework. Not a rant just sayin!
Can't get away from the old saying. There's a sucker born every minute.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

kswild---Maybe the reason the OP goes to EBay is because his username is Gamblinman!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.