Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
Benjamin Pioneer Airbow >

Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Old 08-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Not sure if you guys have checked this thing out - but 2" groups at 50 yards and 450 feet per second!

$769.99 at River Valley Outdoors
https://www.rivervalleyoutdoors.net/collections/airbow
Old 08-24-2016, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

A lot of money for something that isn't legal to hunt with in most states and it is not a bow, it is a rifle that shoots arrows, it is a novelty!
Old 08-26-2016, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

To be fair, it just came out last year so most states don't have laws on the books categorizing it, but Crosman is working on it. It's similar to a crossbow as far as novelty goes. Some older guys like it because it's easier to cock than a crossbow. Low recoil makes it good for the recoil weary or kids. And it's still more challenging than a rifle because you only have one shot and you still need to be within bow range for an ethical kill.

I think instead of hating on each other's choice of weapon, us hunters need to stand together and support the sport. Now I'll agree that it doesn't belong in the archery season and has more rifle qualities than bow qualities. But I'm not going to harp on a guy or gal's choice of weapon as long as it's legal and makes an ethical kill.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, they absolutely do have laws on the books regarding this devise. It is a projectile firing, air operated, RIFLE. It's by far not anything new. Several companies have tried this type of thing several times over the years and without any success. It is of no comparison to a cross bow. It's not "hating" on someones choice of weapons that are LEGAL but when someone tries to classify a weapon such as this in "archery" is utterly ridiculous. To call this thing an "air bow" is pretty much Benjamin throwing archers a big ole middle finger. And to let you know just how old this sort of idea is, I built something similar 50 years ago. Granted I wasn't getting 350fps but it was generally the same concept. Even done the old "taking the pellets out of a .410 shotgun shell, stuck a heavy aluminum arrow down the barrel seating it into the shell onto the wad (removed noch of course), and had some fairly good success with accuracy". Was a little rough on fletchings and arrows both though