Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
Need some Ozonics reviews >

Need some Ozonics reviews

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Need some Ozonics reviews

Old 09-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Spike

Default Need some Ozonics reviews

I would like to hear some comments from hunters about there experiences with the ozonics device. I am on the fence about buying one. The reviews on cabelas site are so mixed I don't know what to think.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

i have a buddy that shot a 185" whitetail with one in his blind last season. he also mentioned the wind direction absolutely wasn't in his favor and had to wait on the buck to give him a shot.
that was evidence enough for me to put a request in for one as a christmas gift and this will be the first season i use one. i'm impressed by how silent it is and will definitely be using it before my first time out to neutralize scent my camo.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

I read all the reviews and purchased one this year. I have had deer come in down wind but no different than previous seasons. Since my experience is limited I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the product.

I do have a couple of items I hope they fix on the next generation models. I will preface all this with the statement that I am not hunting private property. I cannot put a setup out and leave it in place, it has to be installed each and every time. I had to purchase the extension for installing in the tree since it is illegal to insert metal in trees you do not own. The hanger is cumbersome to install, very hard to install in the morning in the dark and to do so noiselessly. The unit itself does not have an easy clip on attachment process once the base is mounted to the tree, the unit must be spun onto a single stud, not easy or quiet in the dark. The housing of the unit is a hard plastic material, this is similar to a light hollow shell so while you are working with it any banging or scraping makes a loud sound.

I will continue to use the unit and hope to have additional info for future posts. If I hunted on private property and could leave a couple of brackets in the woods the setup would be much easier.

Good luck with your decision....