Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-$525 >

SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-$525

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-$525

Old 04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-$525

Brand new (not factory refurbished) Shepherd 310-P1 3x10x40 scope $525 shipped. I love these scopes and use them on many of my rifles. The feature I love most is the "One Shot Zero". You simply fire your first shot, hold the main cross hairs on the target bullet hole that you just shot, then while looking through the scope, you turn the smaller slotted dial to move a second set of cross hairs to realign both sets of cross hairs over one another. BINGO, your zeroed in one shot (of course you will probably want to check it with another shot, but my experience is that I am virtually perfect after the first shot). It has saved me big bucks on premium, big caliber shells that's for sure.

Here's how they work (see http://www.shepherdscopes.com/index.asp for detailed info and video clips). The small circle is your 100 yard zero. The short line underneath is your midrange trajectory for shots closer than 300 yards. If the deer is bigger than the 300 yard circle, put this line on him and shoot. The first circle will fit the deer from shoulder to brisket (18") if he is at 300 yards. The 400 yard circle will fit him at 400 yards, and so on out to 1,000 yards. Each circle is zeroed for the correct drop at its range. You simply put the circle on the deer that fits him and shoot. If the deer is too big for one circle but too small for the next, just hold between the circles and shoot. There is a slightly different calculation for elk. Shepherd's website covers this. Check out their video clips.

In addition to the dual reticle, bullet drop compensation, and the One Shot Zero, the scope is also capable of visual windage and elevation verification. You can also use the scope to range objects. All you have to do is divide the number of inches the target is by the number of MOA spaces it covers in the scope. EXAMPLE: A 30" target covers a 6 MOA spaces. Divide 30 BY 6 to get the number 5. The target is therefore at 500 yards. Put the 500 yard circle on him and shoot. The range finding circles are set on the same focal plane as the target. What this means is that as you zoom in and out the circles increase and decrease proportionately. They are always accurate. No more zooming to one power to range and zooming to another to shoot.

I got this scope when I noticed small particles in one of my scopes that was on my Tikka. They were small, but annoying so I called the factory and actually talked to a person who told me to send it back to them. Ten days later I had a brand new (not refurbished) scope in my mailbox! A friend of mine bought the Tikka but didn't need the scope so I just left it in the box for the past two years and figured I really didn't want to buy another gun just to put it on, so I am selling it. The price of their scopes has gone up quite a bit since I bought my original scope for that gun, so I am splitting the difference here. A new Shepherd scope sells for $699.

Attached Thumbnails SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-5-img_6330.jpg   SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-5-img_6337.jpg   SHEPHERD 310-P1 RIFLE SCOPE 3x10x40-BRAND NEW-5-img_6341.jpg