Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
Best hunting seat ever >

Best hunting seat ever

Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Best hunting seat ever

Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Spike

Default Best hunting seat ever

i know im new to the forum but me and my father have been hunting for years,(him over 30). we have used so many seats and they all suck! for real. they are all built like crap or use straps.

my father came up with a new seat that is so great and the first crop is now in production. i thought i would try to see what you guys think of it.

check out the website, and give me your feedback on the product. my dad invented this in our garage and it is now patent pending.

would you buy it?

here is our website

www.northstaroutdoorproducts.com
Old 02-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

good luck! Me, I just sit on the ground.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

I visited the website, but couldn't view the video. Even though I downloaded Apple Quick Time, it still said I needed a plug-in and yet it wouldn't load a plug in. Maybe it is just my computer. The reason I wanted to see the video is because our hunting group tried a similar seat for several years that used a beefed up technique using the same general principal. Only the seat used a bracket where two very hefty 2 1/2" long lag bolts bolted into the tree. The downward push on the lag bolts over the period of the hunting year caused the threads to just pull right out of the tree..and they were bolted into an oak tree so I am sure a softer wood like maple would be a real problem. This caused a big problem since we were using the seats with an elevated platform stand. Twice the lag bolts pulled out of the tree and I ended up suddenly sitting on the platform of my stand and fortunately did not fall. These might be fine for temporary ground use, but I would caution against using them in an elevated situation and you might want to consider a disclaimer. Not that even a disclaimer is going to protect you when the lawyers come knocking on your door. But then lawyers are a whole 'nother story!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

I think they might be a little pricey for what they are. Other than that they look good. Just one hunters suggestion, good luck.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree. They do look good, and more comfortable than sitting on the ground. And it looks like they are relatively easy to attach to a tree. But the price is more than what the average 'stump sitter' would be willing to pay.
I have a seat that I have had for years that has a belt that goes around the tree, then a 'camming action' when you flip the seat down to make it solid. And has 3 different seat positions to accomodate the angle of the tree. I haven't seen these around in quite a while and perhaps they quit making them. who knows?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Spike

Thanks for the feedback.

we know the price is a bit high but right now these are being manufactured in small numbers at a high cost. the goal woud be to mass produce them and bring the cost down a good deal.

the bolts that screw into the tree are the same kind of thread that are used on tree pegs. and the design prevents a pull out. when you sit the leveage pushes the peg upward into the trunk of the tree.

also a youtube link will be installed soon for people who cant use quick time. ill let you know when its up.