Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Turkey Skinz

Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Spike

Default Turkey Skinz

The Turkey Skinz is a great product that WORKS!!! However it has gotten a bad rap in the past for the "feather strips" (not the feathers themselves) coming unglued. This problem has been resolved. The strips are now sewn in. All products ordered direct from A-Way Hunting Products for 2010 will have the sewn in strips for added durability. A-Way is also "jumping on" the information superhighway - Please visit them on Facebook & CamoSpace. There are some special discounts to be found there.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

That may be to little to late! For the price we all paid for the Skinz and then to have them totally fall apart... many won't be bitten twice.

More so these days considering the incredible turkey decoy options we have available to us. Example, have you seen the remarkable DSD Decoys..... these babies will out attract Turkey Skinz dressed decoys at a shocking rate!!!

Thanks for the update though
Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

personally still unsure decoys even work/help....in my own experience i'd say its 50/50, and watching pros talk about it and saying the same thing...

its like they work if they work sorta thing, and if not then they're just a hinderance...all depends on the days hunt what youre doing etc...

so to spend that kinda cash on a decoy that may help vs. may not? I mean I'm sure they look more real than other stuff, but with the jury on decoys being 50/50 I'm kinda in the decoys aren't the end all be all stage myself.

Have had turkeys come into decoys, have had turkeys come into just calls...have killed turkeys, have not killed turkeys...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

It is a mixed emotion thing when it comes to decoys. i have a bunch of them, and they rarely leave home for the woods.I will not bring them to public land anymore ( don't ask ) the moon cycle has to be right for the old birds to fall for them, if they have been shot at before. the feather things didnt really look realistic to me and others that i spoke with weren't planing on buying any so any improvments might help.