Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
 Tree Stand Theft Prevention >

Tree Stand Theft Prevention

Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Tree Stand Theft Prevention

Old 01-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Default Tree Stand Theft Prevention

I'm looking to buy a tree stand theft prevention system. I see that james McClaim from madison AL. developed one of these. Do you know where I can find one of these? Or some type of device that will prevent any more theft of my treestands.

email [email protected]

thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Stand Theft Prevention

Look into buying python locks. They have a braided cable that is not cuttable or if it is they will have to work way to hard at getting it and give up before they do. They are made by master lock company.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:00 PM

They just cut through it with a battery sawzall like a hot knife through butter. Any other suggestions?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

i just use a peice of braided cable and a lock.. anyone can cut through anything if they want it bad enough. I figure, why spend another 10-20bucks just to have that cut or stolen also. The little cable and locks I use mainly only stop someone thats just walking by. Someone can always come back with better tools. Ive had 2 stands stolen in the past 7 years. I use alot of hang on stands now and just remove the bottom 2 steps. But again, someone can always come back with tree pegs and steal it....

locks only stop honest thiefs[8D]
Old 01-31-2009, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a 10 inch case hardened locking screw that has a multi star bit that drives it in . You need a 18v cordless drill and the right bit to take it out. They have to go through a lot of efffort to remove it . I havn't lost one yet that was put on this way . I get them through my lumber yard they are put out by Fasten master
No Predrilling. Stronger than 3/8" Lags. Non-Counter Sinking Head.

[/align][/align] [/align]
Product Description:
The FastenMaster HeadLok is a heavy duty wood screw that does it all and won’t counter sink. The HeadLok offers higher design shear than 3/8” lag screws…and no predrilling is needed!* HeadLok zips right in and is ideal for many wood to wood applications including decks, fences, SIPs, kitchen cabinets and more. *Caution: Predrilling is required when fastening within 3-7/16” of end or 1-3/4” of edge of beam. All fastening patterns and procedures must comply with building
[/align][/align]
Old 02-01-2009, 02:16 PM

i use a climber and take it out all the time