Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Gear
 Mickey Mouse Boots >

Mickey Mouse Boots

Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

Mickey Mouse Boots

Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mickey Mouse Boots

Anyone have any experience with these boots? Can't be much to walk in but how would they be for stand hunting?

Jim
Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mickey Mouse Boots

They will keep your feet very warm. I have worn them for years. If you do walk in them you'll really get some good calf muscles.

Seriously, they is a reason they are very popular with Ice fisherman, cold weather hunters and people the compete in the Iditorad.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, they'll keep your feet warm. I wear em' in my stand and my feet always stay warm. They are a little heavy, but worth it for the price. $50-$80 depending where you buy them, and what condition. Beware of the cheaper ones that are made in China! They aren't as good. Get the US Military issue. I've seen them in A1 shape still sealed in the plastic from the 50's - 60's. I paid $70 for mine and they are in great shape with no dry-rot anywhere. Or you could pay 150 + for some lighter hunting boots that may not keep your feet warm.I opt for the Mickeys because I ice fish alot also. I broke through the very edge of the lake once and my right boot filled up with water. I took it off, dumped the water out and fished ice fished all afternoon. Within maybe 20min my foot was warm again.... no kidding.

chris
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I took it off, dumped the water out and fished ice fished all afternoon. Within maybe 20min my foot was warm again.... no kidding.
I stepped in a hole some what had made a little to large and did the same thing, kept fishing.

There is something like 26 layers of felt with air bladders in between the felt, it works.

They are very few things I hunt/ fish with that I have been as happy with as these boots.

I posted this picture the other day on another forum, it was -28 far I wasn't in a ice tent or shante all day my feet never got cold.

Three out of the four pictured and the guy taking the photo all had the boots on.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Those are some nice 'eyes. Where were you guys fishing? Looks like a pretty big lake. We have a some in a few lakes here in N.E. IN. But not like some places. I'm still waiting for the lakes to lock up. I heard some guys where getting on some channels awhile back here. But then we got about a foot of snow. Spose to rain and be in the 40's next week. At least it'll take the snow off. Some of the coves where skimmed over but the snow ruined that. We usually can get on by Christmas butdon't look like it's going to happen this year.Have a good one. Happy Holidays!

chris
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like a pretty big lake.
L. Ontario The pont you see in the picture is the opening of the bay we were on. Biggest is over 11lbs smallest over 4 lbs.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Buckhunter,
Where did you buy your boots? How are they sized, if I wear a 9.5 wide in regular boots, what size would you recommend?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I boughtmine at the military surplus store in Angola, IN. They do run big. I wear a 9 1/2 - 10 normally. So I had to get the 9 regulars. So 1/2 - 1 size smaller than you normally wear should be good. You only need to wear regular cotton socks with them. I think they come in half but not sure. They also come in narrow and wide along with the regular. I bought a pair of white ones. They are supposedly rated for colder weather than the black ones vut I'm not sure if that's true or not. I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference for most weather but Im not 100% sure. They also have the US stamp om the back. Beware of imports and knock off's especially if you order online. There's several imported that are not near as good. As long as they are listed as genuine US Military issue then you are good to go. I believe more than one company made them for the military through the years. Hope this helps.

chris
Old 12-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are supposedly rated for colder weather than the black ones but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Whites are rated at -40 and the blacks at-20. I have both. The military rates their boots totally different then Companies do so don't let the rating fool you.

Redmag, Where you from?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

They are supposedly rated for colder weather than the black ones but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Whites are rated at -40 and the blacks at-20. I have both. The military rates their boots totally different then Companies do so don't let the rating fool you.

Redmag, Where you from?
Thanks for clarifying the rating. I was thinking the whites were rated for colder weather.

I know what you mean about how other companies rate their stuff. I bought a pair of boots a couple years ago that said rated for -80 or -100... and the weren't even as warm as my cheap 700gram Thinsulate hunting boots from wallyworld.....lol

Quick Reply: Mickey Mouse Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.