Community
Hunting Gear Looking for a new treestand or a good set of binoculars? You've come to the right place.

camo closet

Old 04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default camo closet

A hunting buddy designed built and has a patent for this item. He asked if I would field test one which I will do through out the year. It is a portable closet to hang your hunting clothes in and has two internal pockets for gloves and stuff and also two boot arms in it that holds your boots upsidedown. It is not a total scent barrier, but is made of cordura and has a covered zipper. It can be hung in a closet or is free standing. I am sure it would help in keeping scent off your clothing and by hanging clothes you would get some air circulation to dry them out after wearing them all day.
I am posting a pic of the closet and would appreciate any feedback good or bad about this item. If you would be interested in more pics email me and I will send them. I beleive he is going to market at about $100.00 price range.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: camo closet

Looks to me like it does the same as a $7.00 Rubermaid container at Wal-Mart.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: camo closet

I am not sure how well it will work, but by hanging your clothes they may get a chance to dry out and it also has boot racks built in to keep your boots scent free and help them dry out. I have about 4 R/M containers and a couple $30.00 scent lock bags Iuse for my coldweather clothes, warm weather clothes, scent loc liner suit, head covers, gloves, gearand boots. I am hoping this would be a little more organized. I always dress in the field and remove huntinggear when I return to my truck and then spend a half hour reorganizing everything whenI get back to camp. When I roll my clothes up and put them in a R/M container they sometimes feel damp the next morning. Maybe it wont be worth a dang but I got it for free, and Godonly knows (my wife doesn't)I have spent some money on things more stupid than this.