Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Honda Foreman 4x4 / Rancher 4x4 >

Honda Foreman 4x4 / Rancher 4x4

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Foreman 4x4 / Rancher 4x4

Old 05-08-2005, 08:40 AM

Default RE: Honda Foreman 4x4 / Rancher 4x4

I've got a Foreman - it does everything. I hauled my deer out last year on it and I use it to pull logs around too. It's a real work horse - excellent reliability too and support from Honda. I had a battery problem when new - Honda replaced it with no questions asked.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I looked at both machines and went w/ the Rancher 350 4x4. I figured for the areas I hunt, and the game I use to help me get out, I would not need anything larger. It also was easier on the cash flow too.
I love my Rancher. But, it does look like a pup next to my buddy's Grizzly 660!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:59 AM

I went Tuesday and after talking with the dealer and looking over all the bikes, I bought the Foreman. I didn't realize that the Rancher didn't have the 2wd option - if it did, I would have gone with it. The Rancher AT was only $300 less than the Foreman, so I went with the bigger bike.

It rides smooth and comfortable and hopefully will drag a bunch of deer/hogs out of the woods this year.

It's a big bike, that's for sure. And extremely cool to look at.

I'm almost scared to take it in the mud!!

Old 05-29-2005, 08:22 AM

You can buy a 2wd drive "option" from Warn for about $200. It's supposed to be easy to install.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Yep, still loving it!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Dkw

I have a Yamaha 350 and my brother has the Honda Foreman 4X4. I ran circles around him manuevering the woods because he just could not get that big thing turned. He kept having to back up, pull forward, etc. 350 has always done everything I needed it to.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Dkw on the size thing. I also have a Bruin 350 and the big ATV's sometimes are, well, just too big. Hopefully someone got a picture of our latest food plot planting. The Bruin was probobly pulling a trailer of total weight over 2000#. "Get R Done!"

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 06-09-2005, 08:19 PM
XTP

I've got the Rancher and a Big Bear 350 and both are great bikes.I must admit I to looked at the Foreman and was tempted,but let the cost factor decide.While the Honda has never let me down,.....ever.....I do sometimes find myself wishing for the larger bike.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: XTP

I've got the Rancher and a Big Bear 350 and both are great bikes.I must admit I to looked at the Foreman and was tempted,but let the cost factor decide.While the Honda has never let me down,.....ever.....I do sometimes find myself wishing for the larger bike.
Hey how do you like that Big Bear of yours? I am looking at buying a new Utility ATV and that one looks pretty decent.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:04 PM
XTP

the Big Bear is a '95 that I just recently bought as a second quad for the boys and so we can all ride together.The big bear has a solid rep. for being built tough and reliable.In the older machines,92-96 were the best years.Not that there is anything wrong with a '98 for example,just that whatever they were doing before....they were doing better! Yamaha has a large lineup in newer machines with the Bear,Bruin,Kodiak and Grizzly.I think they all have a place and it really comes down to what you are looking for and what you want it to do for you.

I really love the Honda's in the 2000-2003 models.The automatic transmission in the later ones is an industry leader but some say the ESP in other models is stronger.I have not used one myself so I am still undecided.Like I said though the Honda has never let me down or stranded.Our winters in Manitoba are something to be seen and when I'm 10 miles back in the bush and it's cold and dark,...I want to KNOW that thing will start up....and it does.

Honda's biggest drawback(if you want to call it that) is their suspension system,They have come out now with Ind. Rear Suspension (IRS) but in the other models it uses a swingarm and shock(s).I personally don't mind it at all....other people don't like the ride and say it's to rough.

[link]http://www.trackshare.com[/link]....anybody who is interested in ATV's check out our local club website.....over 600 strong and growing.Tell them " Wolf " sent ya' ( my handle over there). Lots of good info and friendly people.

Quick Reply: Honda Foreman 4x4 / Rancher 4x4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.