Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

UNDER ARMOUR

Old 03-13-2005, 06:21 AM

Default UNDER ARMOUR

Anybody ever used UNDER ARMOUR for cold weather hunting?

I've seen the advertisements and some folks are wearing it for cold weather waterfowling here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

It's a very thin insulator and I was curious how it stacks up against the polypropolyene underwears?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UNDER ARMOUR

yes, hunting,skiing and lacrosse i think it works well to wick the scent away make sure if you get some its cold gear
Old 03-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got a pair of legging this season and like them a lot
Old 03-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Spike

I tried Underarmour this year and it was as warm as polypropylene. Seems like they can be put in a dryer, and polypropylene has to be line dried. No static electricityas well.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

AWesome STuff - there was a pretty exhaustive thread that I started on here a few months ago. See if you can dig it up.

I'd recommend UA for anything - skiing, backyard football, hunting, running, biking, etc. Great STuff.

Hot rumor has it that they will be releasing camo colors. I wish they'd release camo, scent control variety.

I have a full set of Cold Gear that I have worn & washed about 20 times without a split seam or failure.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:55 PM

been wanting to get a set of cold gear.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

I plan to get some based on all the good reviews, plus my son swore by it (favorable), both the cold gear and hot gear. He wore it for a year in Iraq in heat and cold. He particularly liked its wicking properties.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 AM

Under Armour is the real deal. I was hunting in -10 degree weather this year with my under armour, a light pullover, and a pair of camoflauge coverall bibs. I wasnt even remotely cold.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since the stuff is so thin, could you wear like 4 layers? You would have to get bigger sizes, obviously, since the stuff is so tight, but would that work?
Old 04-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Spike

I didn't like it because of the fit. Whenever I put my hands above my head (like climbing a tree) the shirt sleeves would slide up my arms and the shirt bottom would slide up my waist and they would not go back down because of the snugness of the fit.

Just not my bag...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.