Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Bullet Backpacker

Old 01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Summit Bullet Backpacker

I paid 300 for this stand from Cabelas.
Positives I'm 300 pounds and felt very safe and comfortable. Sat a few times ALL day. Easy to climb. Works greast in pine trees.

Negatives Takes time setting up and especially packing up. 24 lbs
Seat will fall down when used in Cypress or Oak trees. You will need to tie the 2 sections together when walking. The strap they give you is a joke.

Overall The safety and comfort is worth the negatives. I shot a buck out of it.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Summit Bullet Backpacker

I got the Broadhead Backpacker about a month ago ! The weight isn't bad to me........but the strap doesn't cut it..........I tie mine together with a bungie and use the strap (fixed it) !

The stand is very comfortable, extremely stable, and easy to use IMO !

But it's a little noisy to set up and I don't like the fact that the seat can't fold up or move out of the way when your standing !

Overall I like it pretty good............but I like my ancient original Ol'man as well or better ! Good thing for me though.........mine was only $149 from Natchez Shooting Supplies !
Old 01-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck7,
I have the Viper and love it....I agree with CBM about using the bungee cords to help keep the sections together and quiet when packing the stand. The main reason I bought the Viper instead of the Bullet was because of the set up time. I used to use a Lone Wolf and it folded flat similar to the Bullet. I found that the Summit Viper was much quicker to set up than the Lone Wolf.

When you say that the seat falls when used in oaks, are you strapping the seat to the tree when you get to your desired height? Just curious as I have not had a problem with the Viper seat section not biting in and falling.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Dominant Buck

You may be right. I think it's right before you wrap the bungie cord around the tree that it may fall. I know one thing for sure we have enough tall pines so I only use pines. Actually to keep my stand together and quiet,
I tie it together with the same rope that I use to pull my rifle up with. It takes a little time but hunters have a lot of patience. I hunted in a difficult management area this year and was blessed with a buck.
thanks for responding,
Chuck