Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under Armour Cold Gear

Old 12-22-2004, 09:58 AM

Default RE: Under Armour Cold Gear

Aveeno is the brand name-it is a moisturizing lotion that contains an oatmeal base. I just apply it to the right areas before I suit up. It worked great under my wet and dry suits when I was training with the seals. Those suits are designed to be skin tight and the hair thing just about sent me to the shaving kit on more than one occassion. The gunny told me about the stuff and I started using it back then. Works great under any piece of clothing that is tight fitting-I don't have Under Armour but the concept is the same for the stuff I do have. It lets the body wick but keeps the hair from getting crushed into ackward positions I guess.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure I could wear tight fitting underwear that is for sure. I hate anything that restricts movement. I bought some of the coldgear for my son who loves skiing. I am thinking based on fabric composition that there are any number of similiar products on the market. I would rather not contribute to Ralph Friedgens salary as well Notice they don't have him running around in it on their commercials
Old 12-22-2004, 12:02 PM

Not sure I could wear tight fitting underwear that is for sure
Thats why I wear the Nike stuff .....Im not a skin type kinda guy
Old 12-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

now we are talking about rubbing lotion on our hairy parts!! what has this forum come to!?!?!?

sorry, couldn't resist
Old 12-27-2004, 08:38 AM

Yep, seems we drifted into a whole new area here-as Arnold would say "Have we become girly men?" Thanks for lightening it up a little.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

dont go cheap--buy the UA!!. remember you get what you paid for. charlie p--have you ever used UA?? or, are you just cheap?

as for ralph f's salary--the owners/creators of ua are univ of maryland grads. of course, ralph would wear them.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

o2b, You ever used the stuff I'm talking about? I f it's good enough for our army's special forces it's good enough for me. I'm not cheap just

Just because the stuff is less expensive doesn't mean it's cheaply made.

Feel free to pay the extra bucks for that UA emblem on your undies. I was just trying to give folks a very good less expensive alternative.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:46 PM

The Under Armour Cold Gear is good stuff. My neighbor works for Under Amour and says that the Nike material mentioned above is the first generation of Under Armour material... Under Armour sold it to Nike. It could be good stuff, but it's not as good as the UA material, supposedly.
The only complaint I have with the Under Armour Cold Gear is that if I hike a lot with it, I tend to get over-heated. The moisture doesn't stick to my body afterwards, but I feel like I'm wearing a trash bag underneath and it gets saturated. Usually, I take it with me and put it on after the hike if necessary...
Old 01-03-2005, 08:50 PM

well, let me start by saying that u guys are new to what this ex bike racer has known since the 80's cycling clothing is the same stuff that UA has become. the NIKE materials will work just as well. the dri fit is excellent wear...just ask lance armstrong. he has won 6 tours with nike wear...and trust me, it has to work in 100deg heat or 40deg with rain nike is just as good if not better. UA is good..and i own a few pieces, but i have the nike too. if u have a nike outlet near u, u can get the drifit wear for 15-19 dollars...with a mock...i like that

LeMond
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

charlie p--yes i do have the long underwear that you posted of. in fact, its been sitting at the bottom of my hunting clothes tub unused since i found ua. i will prob give it away...

Quick Reply: Under Armour Cold Gear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.