Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 H2P Rainwear, Does it really work? >

H2P Rainwear, Does it really work?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

H2P Rainwear, Does it really work?

Old 11-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Spike

Default H2P Rainwear, Does it really work?

Has anyone out there tried any of Rivers West products. I have been thinking about buying a pair of their Ranger pants. According to them its better then Gore-Tex. I want some thing that will keep me warm a dry during deer season. Also it's needs to be quiet. Rivers West says that H2P does all that. Just wondering what you guys think and if it's worth the money.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:54 PM

Default RE: H2P Rainwear, Does it really work?

I asked a similar question about "Rivers West" gear awhile ago (check one page back). In the meantime a friend of mine has used a pair of the Guide pants for protection while hauling a few crab pots out of deep water (300+feet) and he was pretty enthusiastic about how dry he was after a very wet and cold job!

I'm buying at least a parka made of H2P for our normally sloppy and cold Fall and Winter deer hunting season. If I like it - I'm getting a pair of matching pants!
Old 11-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: H2P Rainwear, Does it really work?

Found this in Google:

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Company disputes claims made by Rivers West

By DAN RICHMAN
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Rivers West, a Seattle-based, privately held maker of waterproof outerwear, faces the possibility of a lawsuit by a competitor.

Browning International S.A., of Herstal, Belgium, sent the 35-person company on March 9 a cease-and-desist letter containing five demands. All centered around Rivers West's 2004 product brochure, said Matthew Ryan, the Seattle company's vice president of marketing.

Browning demanded that Rivers West stop using the slogan "The best there is --guaranteed," which it claimed infringed on its own motto, "The best there is." Ryan said Rivers West had agreed to that demand, changing its slogan to "Guaranteed unbreakable."

Some of the other claims arose from unfavorable comparisons between Rivers West's new H2P stretchable, waterproof fabric and Browning's competing Hydro-Fleece with Gore-Tex. Rivers West wrote in its catalog that its H2P is twice as durable as Browning's and 10 times more stretchable.

In its letter, Browning called those claims "literally false or, at best, misleading" and demanded that Rivers West provide proof of the claims or stop making them.

Ryan said the company hasn't decided yet how to respond to those demands, though Browning's letter said it would commence litigation if no resolution was reached by March 19. L. Grant Foster, an attorney with the firm of Holland & Hart representing Browning, said Browning "wants to resolve the situation amicably" and hasn't moved to sue despite the missed deadline.

Rivers West has spent $2 million developing and testing H2P, which is most often being fashioned into hunting garments.