Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 climbing tree stand recommendations? >

climbing tree stand recommendations?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

climbing tree stand recommendations?

Old 11-18-2004, 01:06 PM

Default climbing tree stand recommendations?

i'm currently just using a tree seat mounted at the base of a tree, and i'd like to upgrade to a climbing stand, preferably something more comfortable than what i have been sitting on...but without spending too much money.

does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 11-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: climbing tree stand recommendations?

anything summit....its worth it to pay a little more. I have the bullet and its just great, but the viper is just about as good only difference is it dont fold flat and will save you a little $$$
Old 11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would look at the Summit Viper or Goliath, especially if you have never used a climber before. Don't go just on cost alone, cheap stands are usually either heavy, noisy or uncomfortable. I have used many different brands over the years and the Summits are the best IMO. Look on ebay as there are several Vipers for sale on there now.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You cant go wrong with the summits. I dont own one, but will get one after the season. I use an API and I love it, but I would like to have another stand and summit is way togo. My friend also uses the API, and he brought a hunters view climbing stand for $100, he likes it for the money, but like others said the cheaper ones will be heavy, noisy, and not as comfotable as the better brands
Old 11-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I bought a couple of Gunslingers.Since I got them my Treelounges are very seldom used. For a free brochure contact :
JRH Sport Industries,Inc.
6550 S.R. 16
St. Augustine, FL. 32092 (904) 940-3381

They have a 250 pound and 350 pound models
they run around 259.00. IMO they are one of the better stands on the market.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Spike

I recently bought a cheap stand from Wal-Mart. When I took it out of the box for assembly it became obvious why it was cheap. I took the stand back and told customer service that I was disappointed that Wal-Mart would even sell anything like that. IMO the stand was unsafe for climbing. This brings up a point: What is your life worth? If you are going to risk climbing 20-30 feet up it would be comforting to know that you have a safe, reliable piece of equipment. We only have one body. I'm sure you read about countless numbers of tree stand falls each year. Granted, most are not wearing a safety harness. Do yourself a favor, look at several stands and opt for a reputable stand. I can't speak for the Summits but it seems that many persons are very high on the Goliath. It costs a little more, but for my money you can not beat the Buckshot Equalizer.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Posted about the same question before bow season and I'm glad I took the advice I recieved. Summit .I bought a Goliath and couldn't be happier.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:27 PM

I bought a Summit Viper X4 this summer... Man, it's the most comfortable and easy climbing stand I've ever used. The foot rest is a added plus to this stand. Throw you a Summit front bag on and it's like sitting in a recliner!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Posted about the same question before bow season and I'm glad I took the advice I recieved. Summit .I bought a Goliath and couldn't be happier.
that's what i'm leaning towards. it looks nice.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: solocamshooter1

I bought a Summit Viper X4 this summer... Man, it's the most comfortable and easy climbing stand I've ever used. The foot rest is a added plus to this stand. Throw you a Summit front bag on and it's like sitting in a recliner!
LOL!!!! That's how I feel about my Viper X4! [8D] The most comfortable, quietest, lightweight, and rugged, tree stand I have ever bought! No lie.... I have actually dozed off on more than one occasion in my Summit Viper X4. It is that comfortable.

Butch A.

Quick Reply: climbing tree stand recommendations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.