Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Got the Bruin (atv)

Old 11-15-2004, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Got the Bruin (atv)

Well I finally nailed down a deal and bought the 2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4X4 Ultramatic. And am I glad I didn't wait any more.

I went ahead and got the camo cause, well, I didn't have too many options. The showroom was pretty full and most of the folks were looking to buy Bruins right then and there. The dealer had two colored ones and a camo. Two guys there talking had bought the colored ones and the third guy was thinking of the camo. They said the salesman said no more in for awhile.....so I grabbed the sales guy I talked with the day before and told him, "I'll take the camo one at the price we came up with yesterday." Done deal.

I sent two others guys to another dealer I had almost done a deal with. Even though I didn't do a deal with him, he called me later and said, "Thanks! I sold two quads. Come on in and I'll give ya something for the referrals." So I'm gonna head over there today. Maybe pick up a skull cap helmet or something.

I even got the snowplow set-up with it for an additional $69. I think there is going to be a retirement party for the old snowblower in the very near future. 87 octane for everyone!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got the Bruin (atv)

Hope you enjoy it! Report back in when you get'er good and broke in.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Good to hear Matt, I`m sure youll love it!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well got some hours on the Bruin now. Hunting was handled easily. Haul them deer and guys in - no problem. Eroded creek beds crossed - no problem. A bit of exploring where there are no trails wasn't a problem either. Plowed a good bit of snow and made some tall cash. Pushed snow easily. No problems to report whatsoever. Gets GREAT fuel mileage, unbelievable actually.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 02-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

RonM got a Bruin a few months ago too. Got me the Kodiak camo in October and couldn't be happier so far, though I only have about 10 hours on it.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:43 PM

I hope you enjoy your Bruin as much as I've enjoyed my Kodiak. I almost bought a Honda Rancher, but at the last minute I changed my mind and bought the Yamaha. I couldn't be happier with it. I hauled 5 deer out this year (once with my buck on the front rack, a buddy's buck on the back rack and then both of us at 200 lbs + each). I love the ultramatic. All of my friends have Ranchers and it's great to outpull them, and outrun them too! Anyway, just my two cents.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Spike

Congratulations Unc. No matter what you got I'm sure you would have enjoyed it. I ride almost every day but snow is a no-no here in North Augusta, SC. I have been very happy with my Kawasaki Brute Force but it is a hoss And gas mileage is not it's forte.

I am waiting to see what Duckstamped got.

Good riding!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:00 PM

Get AFTERMARKET TIRES, trust me yall. Go to www.highlifter.com and join. I own a 05 450 yami and couldnt be happier. NOTHING RUNS LIKE A YAMI!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:49 AM

If you go with bigger aftermarket tires, be sure you talk to your dealer about a new clutch. The clutch in the ultramatic was designed for your specific tire size, and going bigger will cause problems with your clutch/tranny. I think a new one is like $100 bucks or so. I"m no mechanic, so if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Just my two cents!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Spike

Here's one that honks. Don't know about the Yam but I doubt seriously if it will hang with the Brute.

Quick Reply: Got the Bruin (atv)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.